• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 800 liberty swap into 09 RMK IQ chassis

V
Ok. Looking for a little guidance. I have a good but old 02 RMK 144 . Recent top end, has SLP stage 2 setup. Team secondary. It runs well. My buddy granaded his 09 800 engine, and was going to fix ,but decided to buy new instead. He let me have the whole thing for 200 bucks, and I would do any maintance/mods on his sled. At first I thought to just part it out, then I figured I could put the new skid w/ walker Evans shocks, the 163 track, and drivers under it. That should be a pretty easy swap right? Then I got to thinking could I put the edge engine in the IQ chassis? I know pretty much anything is possible, with enough cutting bending, and fabricating. Just wondering if anyone has tried this, and if so what mods needed? I appreciate any input you guys can give!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Its a simple swap. All you need is a good motor plate, a little patience, and good planning. There is a bunch of threads on the subject, and it has been done a ton of times.

Its really pretty straight forward. Shouldn't need much cutting unless its the oil pump area.

Premium Features