• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kill Switch

Feb 6, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Well I had a ruff weekend with my handle bar bolts breaking all four of them, thus not allowing the kill switch to work and my knee also hit the key. I need to start the sled, but either the key or the kill switch is not allowing me to start it. So how to I bypass the them so I can start it??

Thanks

S
Jan 10, 2010
northwest wyoming
Hundo, for the key, reach under the console and unplug the key switch. I have been running my 9 this way for three years and only using the kill switch to shut it down. Hope this helps. I am sure you already have but check the wires going into the kill switch and make sure you did not break any wires. I know about the broken bolts -- two years ago I broke of two of mine when boon docking a nasty creek bottom -- did a lot of shoveling and ski pulling to get it out. I drilled out the factory bolt holes and went to grade 8 bolts!!

SOAPY

Feb 6, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Those bolts suck!!! Cheap *** chines grade 0 bolts. I did pull the key plug and no joy so I'm guessing there has to be a broken wire some where. Anyone know what color the kill switch wires are??

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Hope I do not run into any of the bolts breaking anytime soon. I have tried using the sled without the key by unplugging it. Cannot run without the key. Not sure how this can work on some 9's and not all. Maybe can on the 05 and not 06? Mine is an 06.

05 tmk 900

Jan 26, 2010
squamish
I have always just unplugged kill switches when they give me trouble.
From what I understand a kill switch shorts to ground so if you unplug them you render them useless. one on the throttle lever, the red button on top and the third being the ignition key

Premium Features