• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HP anyone

S
Nov 1, 2008
Sabin MN
So the meeting is over and they were saving details till after the meeting, any news? The Poo website is generic on engine details, we know its 2 injector but what else? HP and torque numbers? Is this engine a temporary fix till 2012? Or is this engine certified for 12? If it is not the 2012 wouldn't it make sense to wait and get a DI engine?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
You won't be hearing any HP #'s for a while on this motor...IMO...

At least not till they have the final calibrations out...

They don't want to publish numbers if they dont have accurate info.

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
I've just heard 160 today from my local dealer. Where he got that info is anyone's guess. He's tryin to get me to snowcheck one so he could have told me anything, who knows.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Does it really matter? I mean, who cares if it is 150 or 160. You aren't gonna buy a different brand based on that number alone. I'd buy it with no published number if they could promise me that it wouldn't melt down repeadedly. We know it's an 800, so it isn't going to blow the doors off of another 800 or visa versa.

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
Does it really matter? I mean, who cares if it is 150 or 160. You aren't gonna buy a different brand based on that number alone. I'd buy it with no published number if they could promise me that it wouldn't melt down repeadedly. We know it's an 800, so it isn't going to blow the doors off of another 800 or visa versa.

Very true. I'm lookin at buyin an 09-10 XP so I don't have to rebuild it every other ride. The durability of the Pol 800 has just about driven me to the dark side. Reliability and durability are at the top of what I want in a sled, IMO.

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Im thinking about waiting until the DI motor comes out and has been out for at least a year, and then get one. I saw the brochure and saw that you can snowcheck a turbo 800 rmk, sounds tempting, but waiting to get a Turbo 800 DI, sounds even more tempting. Is it possible Polaris could be going in this direction in the next few years. When Polaris has a guy like Burandt on their team, anything is possible. Just my .02

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
No hp numbers yet but who cares it's 40 lbs lighter, how many hps is that? Also they have over 110,000 miles on it so it's ready to go. Also fyi they have had a bunch of 09s and 10s running around in the hands of consumers and dealers w the final fix and after lots and lots of running at different altitudes and barometric pressures have had 100% trouble free, no stumble and no engine problems, this will be a last flash sometime in the next 30 days. Pipes are gunna need some other help thou , too lean at low rpms / It was kind of funny some dealer was handing out buttons that say Polaris the way out and had it big letters , we have the reflash with a red blinking dot in the middle and trust me every dealer that could wore one and it seems they got the point.

R
Nov 10, 2009
Snowcheck a turbo 800 rmk?

Im thinking about waiting until the DI motor comes out and has been out for at least a year, and then get one. I saw the brochure and saw that you can snowcheck a turbo 800 rmk, sounds tempting, but waiting to get a Turbo 800 DI, sounds even more tempting. Is it possible Polaris could be going in this direction in the next few years. When Polaris has a guy like Burandt on their team, anything is possible. Just my .02

You can snowcheck a turbo 800 rmk? Are you sure about that?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
No hp numbers yet but who cares it's 40 lbs lighter, how many hps is that? Also they have over 110,000 miles on it so it's ready to go. Also fyi they have had a bunch of 09s and 10s running around in the hands of consumers and dealers w the final fix and after lots and lots of running at different altitudes and barometric pressures have had 100% trouble free, no stumble and no engine problems, this will be a last flash sometime in the next 30 days. Pipes are gunna need some other help thou , too lean at low rpms / It was kind of funny some dealer was handing out buttons that say Polaris the way out and had it big letters , we have the reflash with a red blinking dot in the middle and trust me every dealer that could wore one and it seems they got the point.

I'll believe it when I see it. Huh, 100% trouble free, yeah right.

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
If you go to the thread "2011 brochure just in" and scroll down to mountainhorse's post theres a link to the 2011 brochure. If you go to page 7 of the brochure, bottom right hand corner it shows the snowcheck colors and a picture of a silver and black rmk and it says " Turbo Silver RMK". It could be a typo, at least go look and see for yourself. I dont think they would screw that up, but anything is possible.

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Im not sure about the engine size. But based from looking at the brochure,I havent seen any 600's in the PRO RMK chassis, just 800's, they still make the 600, but based on teh brochure, there still in teh IQ chassis.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
SKI Iknow from where you come on that but i went and talked with several good reputable dealers that are running the black box and absolutley no problems even found one that I know well and didn't realize he was in on it and he comfirmed, they went so far as to do lots of testing in other countries too cuz of the epa stuff and the guys they hired plus Orbital developed this. The guys they hired replaced the ones let go.

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
If you go to the thread "2011 brochure just in" and scroll down to mountainhorse's post theres a link to the 2011 brochure. If you go to page 7 of the brochure, bottom right hand corner it shows the snowcheck colors and a picture of a silver and black rmk and it says " Turbo Silver RMK". It could be a typo, at least go look and see for yourself. I dont think they would screw that up, but anything is possible.

Turbo Silver, that is fkn hilarious, IDIOT

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I can tell you after getting the chance to ride one here a while back it is not any stronger than my 09 skidoo. We also raced it against the 2010 that Polaris had there and the 2010 beat it. For what it is worth. So it will competitive against the other 800's in my opinion.

The chassis alone is worth buying though, so long as Polaris gives you a really long rope with snowcheck;)

Premium Features