• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New "PRO RMK" unveiled

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
at :54 you can clearly see the word Assault on the hood of the gray one. Just about every other shot of it has been blurred out.

MH, 600 144 in this chassis this year?

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
I am pretty sure that the black and silver one says Assualt. They had it blured out for most of the vid but I got a couple screen shots. Looks like it has remote rezzies and according to mtn horse it has a 155" competition track in it.

Also it looked like there is a non Pro rmk in the background.

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

YouTube-BEHINDTHERIDE-THE2011POLARI.jpg

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
wow

I've never been this stoked over a new design Polaris, might be two on the deck for next year.

The Assault in a 155 eh? Ditch that comp track and I'd like one of those babies........

Man I'd sure like to ride one of these soon. I'm gonna crash the party on Thurs, invitation or not.......

Last edited:

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
I'll be at the Sealy lake Demos next thursday (moved from Whitefish/Olny).... Hope to have lots more details then.

I hope the pre EPA version of this CFI-2 motor is close to the production version.

Going to be quite close to my neck of the woods. How long you going to be around for?

F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
Mountainhorse thanks those pic. it helps make the mind up. This thing will rock if they get some ponies out of the power plant. I hope Swiss auto is working on a 900 for this sled for 2012 putting out 180is HP.
FF:face-icon-small-hap

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Got to ride one today.....155 version...it was awesome ......ran flawlessly...you will be impressed with this sled. No hesitation at all and handles way better than my 08 Dragon..

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Observations

Here are a few things that I noticed when watching the video and also looking at the website.

1) On the picture that shows the rear bumper it has a comp. track with 155 stickers...so Assault 155 most likely with coil over? Also at 3:19 the assault can be clearly scene and I believe in the video that it is Chris Burandt riding it.

2) Watching the YouTube video they show a 3-D model of the motor. I took a screen shot of it to show some differences between the 2010 and "2011" (if the 3-D model is accurate. The engineer also does mention the "NEW" 800. On the two pictures that I have place of the motor you can see that there are two different fuel injector setups. I believe someone said a high pressure system and that is what the 2011 motor seems to be showing. All of these assumptions are based on the fact that the 3-D model in the video are correct.

8002011.jpg 8002010.jpg assault2011.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The engine still seems to be basically the same... A new design head cover and probably the head under it.

CFi 2 injector (Bosch?) that appears to have the injectors mounted above the reed blocks. I doubt that they went to an 8 bar/116psi (double current pressure) injection system.

In the vid you can also see the standard Avin-Meritor steel shock on the sled which might indicate that this new chassis will be be available in std versions.

All of this is fun speculation.... the dealer release next week will "spill the beans" on intent.

The demo performance does not mean much to me any longer... we live in an age where the final, EPA certified, mapping of the engine is so up in the air until the sleds actually hit the consumers hands...then we will know performance. And even then... with all of the mid season Reflash of the ECU's of late...it can continue.

A couple of things that stand out to me with the new chassis that I believe that Polaris may want to pay attention to...

1) Adjustable, ACCESSIBLE, motor mounts... The new cast bulkhead gives the opportunity to provide an access panel to allow for engine alignment which, for the most part, is not possible with the current or pro-ride installations.

General Electric on the warranty work as well as the dealer service network would benefit from the ability to actually bring an engine, that is out of alignment, back into alignment.

2) The running boards and open toe pockets are great... take it the extra measure and powder coat the tunnel sides so they do not hold ice.... bare aluminum does and will continue to.

Get rid of the "Cheese grater" on the running board edge so that I'm not going thru 2 pairs of boots per season. Looks to be the same edge with an aluminum tube under it.

3) The hood is nice... and removes quickly in the shop... this may be good for a flat-lander on the RUSH... not so good for mountain riders that want warm up their goggles or gloves under the hood... the side panels dont open easily enough to compensate for the fixed hood panel.

Make the hood so it can swing open easily and not be trapped by the side panels. For better access to the under hood area.

4) I'm interested in seeing what the actual track clearance is on the new sled... I hope that Polaris has addressed this to some degree... the parasitic drag on the motor trying to pump snow/air out of the current offerings should be considered, IMO, a bit more in the design of these deep snow machines and tested in heavy, high moisture content snow.

All in all... I really like the sled... progressive thinking... long term development...

Last edited:
Premium Features