• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mike n crew start usa tour with 7 explorer snowbikes

F
Jan 21, 2008
St.catharines
You'll have to post some photos of this area.. Im having a hard time with that
statement.. ever been to Glamis, Imperial or the Or. dunes....
Always looking for a new destination..

Yes slight over statement,what I was trying to say is that it is quite amazing for around here,it's only a 7 hr. drive for me and until this summer I never new it existed.Not even close to Glamis but still pretty cool

Y
Dec 10, 2008
Nope not during the winter months. Its closed from like Mid October to April I believe.

That's to bad,it would be a great place to go on the hawk.The locals must have a way in on the sly,to go in and tear it up

Oh I am sure they do. Ive often thought the same thing. Im guessing that there is a way in off to the north side of the dunes off Silver Ridge Road or Sahara Trail road but never looked into it. When dune riding in my wifes jeep you can see houses to the North at the northern boundry line so I am sure there is a way in.

Part of the problem is that unless we get a massive winter the dunes dont get covered over very well. All that sand gets mixed in with the snow and would reek holly hell on slider tracks. Not a problem with the boggie wheels like Mikes kit though.

T
Oct 15, 2008
Nope not during the winter months. Its closed from like Mid October to April I believe.

Hey Mike nice catching up with you and your crew at Babbits in Muskegon. Too bad I had to work as I would of loved to test ride one of those. But it looks like Babbits is going to be a dealer? So I might be able to get a ride on one yet :D

Don? That you?

M
Jan 22, 2008
Better Order a video it has some sick Explorer footage

you better call me soon Mikey going to Colville Wa tomarrow, parents got three feet in the last week should be sick, Season two video is done with Utah footage plus some sick helmet cam stuff from the Sampson brothers. Lots of bonus footage too. Order one up at mccbrothers.com

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
tried my best

It was alot of fun hanging out with mike. kept him in SD for as long as possible. I must say that these kits are very impressive and cant wait to go to cooke city and try out the aprillia I now have for a demo unit.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
the east is awesome....

for golfing. where else in the world can you golf with green grass in january when its supposed to be snowing!!!! come on westerners...send me snow!!! we are supposed to get a whopping 6 inches tonite!!! i better put the old 503 ski back on!!!

Dec 4, 2007
pa
omg cooke was incredible,,,,, videos will be comming,,,, from endos over the handle bars dropping down into daisy,,, to 6 avelanches to,,, incredible sidehilling and boondocking the trees!!! god was watching over this guy that was dug out of an avalanche 100 yards from me,, i saw the poof,,, and went over and it was something to see for a flatlander!!!

more to come very soon

mike

Premium Features