• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

If you had to choose... 07 Dragon 700 vs 08 Dragon 700

N
Oct 7, 2014
Mileage is about 1500 on each sled. Price is about the same. Both sleds have some mods, such as pipe, can, etc. Track length is 155. Both sleds are in good shape and well maintained Is there any difference between the 2 years? Thanks in advance.

N
Oct 7, 2014
No, the 08 has an upgraded bumper, but that's it. The 07 has a full SLP exhaust, side vents, handlebar riser, scratchers, billet suspension adjuster, aftermarket supportive/self clearing running boards, Polaris cover, spare belt, and comes with an extra low black windshield.

The 08 is has a can and bumper, that's it. Im leaning towards the 07, it looks much more appealing. What changes did they make to the body in 09?

J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
Its been awhile since I've researched this Dragon stuff. Seems the track pattern may be different and the chassis a bit lighter on the 08. Maybe a different updated VR as well. Then again, I may be wrong.

S
Nov 6, 2002
Alaska
I think there is a slight difference in the tracks. The 07 has a 2-ring piston, where the 08 has a single ring piston. The shocks should be the same. The fuel maps are different. I beleive the 08 will use the same fuel filter as the 09 and 10, which costs less than the 07s. The fuel tank and seat is slightly different between the two. The 07 carries some holdover parts from the 05/06 900s such as the steering hoop. In 09 Polaris narrowed the fenders. You can find the narrower set some places. It used to be offered as a kit, but I read so place that all you can get now is individual parts. To see the difference, go to the classifieds and look at the two. I am sure that there is a few other things, but can't recall. Chose the color you like!

R

ripalip2

Jan 23, 2008
everett wa.
nvs1985 where are you located? thinking about selling my 08 rmk 700 , many upgrades and 1117 miles, meticulously maintained

N
Oct 7, 2014
I am in coeur d Alene idaho. The price is right on both sleds, but I feel like the 07 is the best choice with the aftermarket parts it comes with and the matainence history.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Which ever one looks like it was taken care of the best, they are basically the same sleds. Personally I like the double ring pistons in the '07 over the single ring in the '08 and newer, very few issues with the '07's. The improve your IQ sticky has all the little stuff that you can do for free to improve the sled a little more.

....and the '07 looks better! (I might be a little biased :face-icon-small-win)

Premium Features