• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

seat upgrade

Feb 6, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I would like to change the seat so i can put a bag under it, however i can not find a boss seat for my 06. I did come across someone that said to remove the plastic that is under the seat and do the 07 upgrade. Anyone done this? If so where can i get the parts??

M

monster715

Nov 4, 2009
Wisconsin
I upgraded to the 07 seat on mine. Yeah, I have been meaning to get the underseat bag as well - just have not gotten around to it yet. I actually have the Polaris shovel bag on the back of it now. Fits right up the existing fuel tank - just had to drill some holes for the rear seat support.

Those should be all service parts that a Polaris dealer should be able to get for you.

I attached a few photos.

IMG_0372.jpg IMG_0270.jpg

Feb 6, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Found the metal seat bracket online that some off a 07 rmk dragon. Does anyone know if that will work?? It appears that the seat is bolted to the bar, does the stock 06 seat already have these holes. I would run to the garage and look but im a 1000 miles away.

M

monster715

Nov 4, 2009
Wisconsin
I ended up using the stock tail light actually. It attaches right the tunnel - so I just kept it on there are removed all of the plastic that was on the tunnel from the factory. Every little bit of weight savings for that freight-train.

I dont think the stock seat has the mounts for the 07 rear support bracket. Unfortunately, I dont have my stock seat anymore (sold it at Haydays).

The 07's actually came with a tail light assembly that bolts to that seat bracket. That is certainly another option as well.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Found the metal seat bracket online that some off a 07 rmk dragon. Does anyone know if that will work?? It appears that the seat is bolted to the bar, does the stock 06 seat already have these holes. I would run to the garage and look but im a 1000 miles away.

yes that seat bracket will work, you will have to peel the seat cover back and put a plate there over the holes on the stock seat...and run a bolt up from the seat bracket into the plates, then staple your seat cover back on.

i have a underseat bag if you are interested in buying it...i think i have 2 of them for sure...

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
i have a underseat back if you are interested in buying it...i think i have 2 of them for sure...[/QUOTE]

Underseat back???

Last, does anyone know were to get a new seat that will allow for a underseat bad?? like the 07's

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Underseat back???

Last, does anyone know were to get a new seat that will allow for a underseat bad?? like the 07's

sorry meant, underseat BAG..lol. its for the 07 dragon seats..

you will have to buy the seat used or new, but not worth it...make your seat accept the seat post, its not that big of a deal...better start learning how o do your own work if you own a 900...

theres a thread on this already...not gonna get into it again.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
i have a underseat back if you are interested in buying it...i think i have 2 of them for sure...

Underseat back???

Last, does anyone know were to get a new seat that will allow for a underseat bad?? like the 07's[/QUOTE]

Underseat Back, underseat Bad...LMAO. good to see I am not the only one who can't type.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Get a 07 + seat post assembly install some rivet nuts or do as Z-man described and bolt everything together

It's very simple to do.
Search "Rivet Nut" in Polaris:900 section

I think that was Guido. Easy enough to do rivet nuts as you describe, don't even need to remove the cover.

Last edited:

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
sorry meant, underseat BAG..lol. its for the 07 dragon seats..

Hey Sean, will a shovel fit in those bags? Might be a good way to carry a shovel on the sled so you don't have to dig it out of your pack when you get stuck if it does.

M

monster715

Nov 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Sean......I know I am relatively new to the 900 forum here - but I am starting to notice a bit of a trend. From what everyone says on here - it appears that you get stuck and hit things alot......LOL

Thats OK Buddy. If you're NOT getting stuck or hitting things - you must not be trying hard enough........:rockon:

Premium Features