• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yes Another Can Question......

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
My son just picked up his 18 AXYS RMK 800 163 with the new SLP can but with only marginal snow yet, we probably will not be going soon. Off the trailer and in the driveway it sounds very much like my 11 pro 800 with SLP stage 3 pipe and can if not more quiet and much lighter and looks very top quality. Anxious to get more snow, hopefully by Thanksgiving!
gtwitch in wyoming

SLP

Premium Member
Hey guys, thought I might help a little in getting your questions answered on the new silencer. Our new Comp series Ultra-Lite muffler sounds significantly different than our other muffler. At idle the difference is very subtle, but at high RPMs there is a new louder sound. Here is a link to a video of Chris Burandt riding an SLP Stage2 with the competition series muffler. NOTE: He is on the second sled shown in the video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZzjuZ0F_7x/?taken-by=chrisburandt211

09-324.jpg

T
Aug 5, 2017
I actually was able to get my hands on one when I purchased a new Axys from a dealer up near SLP. They sound phenomenal wide open. Don't have any videos (my GoPro battery died on me before I could record) but these things are bada$$.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Hey guys, thought I might help a little in getting your questions answered on the new silencer. Our new Comp series Ultra-Lite muffler sounds significantly different than our other muffler. At idle the difference is very subtle, but at high RPMs there is a new louder sound. Here is a link to a video of Chris Burandt riding an SLP Stage2 with the competition series muffler. NOTE: He is on the second sled shown in the video.

Will these be available for the 16/17's as well ?

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZzjuZ0F_7x/?taken-by=chrisburandt211

Pretty disappointed that SLP built this muffler. Always applauded the fact that SLP was a responsible aftermarket parts provider.

SLP being based in Idaho should have a better understanding of the battles we face in the intermountain west.

Currently, there is a fundraiser going on for a legal defense fund to save riding areas in IDAHO and SLP determined this was the year to introduce a new louder sound?????

Decisions like these are why the non-motorized groups are winning.

Pretty disapppointed.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Pretty disappointed that SLP built this muffler. Always applauded the fact that SLP was a responsible aftermarket parts provider.

SLP being based in Idaho should have a better understanding of the battles we face in the intermountain west.

Currently, there is a fundraiser going on for a legal defense fund to save riding areas in IDAHO and SLP determined this was the year to introduce a new louder sound?????

Decisions like these are why the non-motorized groups are winning.

Pretty disapppointed.

I agree 100%! We dont need more loud sleds!!!!

shortstuff

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Rigby, ID
Now I agree 100% we don't need loud sleds out in the wilderness. But you guys jumping on slp for making a closed course race can. Is like saying a gun manufacture is stupid for making ar15 rifles. It's still up to the purchaser/user how and what it's used for. So don't bash slp a company that has sponsered riders/racers on closed courses

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
jumping on slp for making a closed course race can.

Thats some funny stuff! You think for one minute that SLP built this for the racers? Get real! they built it because they feel like they are loosing sales to other companies that offer light/louder cans.

Its not like they are going to screen the buyers and make sure its for race use only.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Now I agree 100% we don't need loud sleds out in the wilderness. But you guys jumping on slp for making a closed course race can. Is like saying a gun manufacture is stupid for making ar15 rifles. It's still up to the purchaser/user how and what it's used for. So don't bash slp a company that has sponsered riders/racers on closed courses

How many ProRMKs compete in snocross...or the X-Games....

This can was built for the "HEY! look at me" crowd, parking lot poseurs, and other performance wannabes.

I really applaud the Turbo manufacturers who started making quiet mufflers for their systems.

This SLP can is step backwards and is a BIG departure from their corporate policy of the last few years.

Truly disappointed.

P
Jan 31, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR.
Pretty simple solution..... If you don’t like it. Don’t buy it!

SLP wanted to match what all the other manufacturers are doing. They are running a business, so makes sense to me.

I personally don’t want a loud can. I prefer slightly louder than stock. But different strokes for different folks

However, I do appreciate SLP taking the time to answer the question which I originally posted.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I'm guilty for selling loud cans. I sell GGB, of which they make a loud "mountain" can and a much quieter "trail" can. The mountain cans outsell the trail cans by like 40 to 1. So there are a lot of folks that like the loudness. I'm a trail can guy. I like my hearing.

With that said, though, even the sound of the loud cans really don't carry very far. Now if there's a 4 stroke sled or snowbike with an aftermarket can, man you can hear them coming from the next county.

M
Sep 26, 2017
Diamond S can

The Diamond S can sounds no louder then stock and it's super light weight. Have a few friends that I ride with and they sound amazing.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
The Diamond S can sounds no louder then stock and it's super light weight. Have a few friends that I ride with and they sound amazing.

Yup they sure do. Had one on my Pro, loved it for those very reasons. The only downside, was when I bought it, between the currency conversion and shipping/customs, was just over $900 Can.. yup, NINE HUNDRED... Shame on me because I still bought it, but still.. wowser.. Must be a more economical was to save a few lbs on your sled and still be responsible noise-wise?

J

jrk

Nov 26, 2007
I applaud SLP for giving the consumer a CHOICE. Some guys want a more aggressive sound and don't live near high populated areas or near trail systems. I would expect if they did, they would base their purchase on that criteria.

I'm sure there a number of guys that avoided the SLP pipe because of its quiet nature.....and bought Bikeman setup or Jaws setup instead because they had options for the tone and noise level they wanted....ergo trail, or mountain silencers.

Why shouldn't SLP build one to be on the same playing field as the other pipe manufacturers that offer the same??

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I applaud SLP for giving the consumer a CHOICE. Some guys want a more aggressive sound and don't live near high populated areas or near trail systems. I would expect if they did, they would base their purchase on that criteria.

I'm sure there a number of guys that avoided the SLP pipe because of its quiet nature.....and bought Bikeman setup or Jaws setup instead because they had options for the tone and noise level they wanted....ergo trail, or mountain silencers.

Why shouldn't SLP build one to be on the same playing field as the other pipe manufacturers that offer the same??

You just dont get it. None of the manufacturers should be building these loud systems.All the loud systems do is piss off the people that dont want us riding in the first place. It doesnt matter if you ride in a populated area or ride trail systems. All it takes is one back country skier or hiker to hear you, and guess what? They have a much bigger voice then we do!

When was the last time you seen new riding areas opened up for Snowmobile use? Now, the flip side of that........ When was the last time you seen current riding areas reduced, or removed all together?

I think we all know the answer to those questions.

Enjoy your new "competition" series exhaust, and thanks for contributing to the problem.

Premium Features