• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone know if cat is gonna have anymore promotions for 18 cats?

J
About to pull the trigger on an 18 mountain cat but at almost 15k and only a 6 month warranty has me second guessing it!

I wish i would've snowchecked and got the 4 year warranty!

If there's gonna be some kind of rebate or longer warranty deal coming up I'll wait plus it'll give me more time to sell my 14 lol

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I hate to say it but if you want a new one spring time is the best time to make a move, the snocheck prices are usually the best you are going to get. This time of year its usually just "the suckers" that are paying full price for a machine. But if you can hold off til after martin luther king weekend the dealerships will really start to move sleds after that point.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Yep usually pretty rare for any deals until well into the new year. Snowcheck is always the best way to get the extra goodies without paying extra price. You will still love that sled tho and the ~2.5 extra months of riding it will be worth it.

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'm betting by December the 17s will have a decent rebate from what my dealer told me they want to thin out the older modles and cut back production on new modles to cut back on overhead

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I'm betting by December the 17s will have a decent rebate from what my dealer told me they want to thin out the older modles and cut back production on new modles to cut back on overhead

I don't think he cares about 17's

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sorry for passing on the info my dealer gave me next time I'll just keep it to myself

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Textrons's big push right now is on the leftover inventory, so there are big rebates and 0% for 60 on any dealer carryover through 2017. That being said they had some great snow check deals for the 18's, warranty, financing, etc... around here you start seeing some discounting in Late Jan-Feb for the current year stuff. Just shop around, you may be able to find someone that will deal a bit, but no factory promos better than the snow check deal right now.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
they will probably do something stupid like another early release and then your 15k snowcheck or floor model will be worth 10k without even riding it. You going to take a big hit regardless the way cat has been operating for the last few years. Just enough change every year to make previous models obsolete. So its like taking the chassis change hit every model year.

Buddy just sold his 17 mtn cat. 14kish new sled. 1400 miles look almost new and had about 1k of nice usefull accessories on it. $8200. Everyone wants that new new.

J
Jan 12, 2017
SK
free 2nd year warranty and accessories

I bought an early release sno pro last season up here in Sask and received a letter a couple months ago stating I am getting a free second year of warranty and $700 accessories credit directly from Arctic Cat, wasn't from my dealer.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Just enough change every year to make previous models obsolete. So its like taking the chassis change hit every model year.

Buddy just sold his 17 mtn cat. 14kish new sled. 1400 miles look almost new and had about 1k of nice usefull accessories on it. $8200. Everyone wants that new new.

the improvements every year is what brought me to cat. The chassis is completely upgradable to the new stuff, unlike other brands.
The biggest leap chassis wise was in 17, mountaincat VS. standard model. Major surgery.
the 18 body kit will go on easily, after i see it proven. (clutch grinding, snow injestion...)
some people have the bank roll to buy new every year and will regardless.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I bought an early release sno pro last season up here in Sask and received a letter a couple months ago stating I am getting a free second year of warranty and $700 accessories credit directly from Arctic Cat, wasn't from my dealer.

The power of Textron, it’s a nice thing seeing them step up for the the customer like this! I really like that they did this for those of us who bought the early release sleds! ?

-Stack

F
Sep 28, 2017
Cats come with 1 year warranty standard on sleds always. That being said, they have a promotion out right now for 0 percent and no payments until April 2018 or a 2 year warranty on any 2018 purchase through Nov 17th

Premium Features