• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

axys can

polarisperformance

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Québec
did someone dyno all the available can on the market to see witch one perform the better ? I absolutely don't want to loose hp with a can.

Thank's for your input

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I have been selling the GGB Mountain and Trail Can for the Axys- for the past 2 seasons. They both work flawless and according to Grahm @ GGB and his testing the only loss we see is in weight.... and pickup up better lower throttle response...

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
GGB Can

Just got a new trail GGB can and had it coated. Waiting for arrival of a 2018 800 144 SB. Will see how the two work together. Had the can coated by Extreme Coatings! Can now weights 7.6 lbs. Will be fun to see weight loss!

Kale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
You can never go wrong with Starting Line Products. I've used their products for years and I know they test. For 2018 they have a competition can that drops 2 lbs over the can they've had for the past 2 years, but according to the SLP guys "it's louder." The quiet can is still available.

My 2 cents

Kale

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
You can never go wrong with Starting Line Products.

normally i'd agree with this statement but their exhaust products are the exception. i don't need anymore rusted out cans causing problems on my sleds.

to the OP, i have not dynoed but really love the skinz ultra Q. i've had one on my last two sleds and they hold up well without the obnoxious low end bark. at WOT they make some noise though.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I have the ssi on my wife's axys. They are made from stainless steel with welded baffles, no packing that wears out. They are 5 lbs if I remember right, fitment was good, and they are not obnoxiously loud.

T
Jan 7, 2013
Colorado
Exhaust opinions

I've tried an HPS, way too loud for most public riding areas but your riding buddies will always know where you are.
My dealer got me to try an MBRP last season and I love it. No idea of Dyno results and while the noise is slightly greater than stock above half throttle, performance is improved IMO.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I've tried an HPS, way too loud for most public riding areas but your riding buddies will always know where you are.
My dealer got me to try an MBRP last season and I love it. No idea of Dyno results and while the noise is slightly greater than stock above half throttle, performance is improved IMO.

Really? On an axys? I agree the pro ride hps can is too loud for my taste, but the hps on my axys is perfect imo https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-W5KuQdJY

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
Stainless and Titanium Mufflers

There are a lot of really good brands names out there and most of them work really well. We offer both a Stainless Steel and Titanium version for the Axys. Uses the stock springs, easy install and excellent fit.
Stainless is just over 5 lbs, and the Titanium is just under 3 lbs. The stock mufflers weigh 20 lbs!!

Stainless is $199.95 and Titanium is $399.95

We have both in stock.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_category=98&controller=category

ssiaxysmufss.jpg ssiaxystimuf.jpg

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom

HPS is ok when new but after about 1,000 miles they get a lot louder I took mine off and went with SLP

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Really? On an axys? I agree the pro ride hps can is too loud for my taste, but the hps on my axys is perfect imo https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-W5KuQdJY

That is some sweet birthday sidehilling - I noticed your pointer finger resting on the brake constantly; this just the way you ride?

I put an hps can on my sled end of last season but have not ridden with it on yet. Wait, did ride it onto the trailer and sounded sweet, don't remember thinking man this sucker is loud.

Have had hps in the past and they aren't known to be loud cans.

Last edited:

Sledhed2012

Lifetime Membership
Sep 5, 2016
River Falls,WI
Like most I am trying to shave some weight and get rid of that suitcase under the hood...and get a better sound too. I was thinking GGB or SLP. Any preference on which one would sound better and give the most reduction in lbs's. Thanks guys!

Premium Features