• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best engine upgrades for 2010 M8??

S
Feb 19, 2017
Looking around at some different engine upgrades such as STM power valves, full bmp exhaust with power commander and also maybe a RK TEK head. Which one of these has the most bang for it's buck? Sled already has boyesen rage cages.

Thanks!

Last edited:
J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Those motors are pretty good stock. Agree with 2.6 track first. Then can for weight loss if you want. Diamond drive bearing upgrade 4 sure.

S
Feb 19, 2017
Yeah, I really just ride around in northern MN. I am thinking about actually throwing on an attack 20 cut down to 1.75. I got a 44/40 secondary that I am gonna try and see what that does on it too. Already has a speedwerx can on it. Are the bearings notorious for going out?

Last edited:

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
If I could go back in time with my M I would do an SLP stage III. Stage II is there full exhaust and Power commander and the stage III includes there cylinder porting so it will require and top end engine disassembly. I've heard its one hell of a ripper! Right now I've seen some gentry used full exhaust systems floating around for about 250...

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I love this gen of M 10/11
I would gear it up to 57/63 and talk to someone like Dakota performance and add some cc's . The stock pipe is good, no matter what you do to it you will need a a/f gauge. AFX is a good one and easy to see, and you will need a Power Commander get the one with timing. A head and porting would be as much as a BB.

S
Feb 19, 2017
Looking at getting a SLP full exhaust for it with a power commander. Probably gonna get some STM power valves also. Any recommendations for good clutching set ups?

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
my current set up is:
36 straight helix
shift assist
rock rollers
CPC gold spring
68 gram primary weights

clutching is tricky because its really going to depend a lot of elevation and riding style

S
Feb 19, 2017
I will be just running at like 1200 feet. I like to have good throttle response rather than speed. I usually ride on power lines that require quick throttle response rather than speed. I currently have the 36 degree helix with the stock orange spring and the speedwerx 0-5000 kit for the primary. It's currently 71.5 weights. Guessing I would have to go up in weight a little bit to load the motor more once I get the pipe?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
If you put the shift assist in you will load the motor a little more and give you a little quicker throttle response. It lets driven clutch shift up and down faster. Only cost $20 and simple to do.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
Our stainless steel Y pipe alone makes a huge gain in power especially in the mid range which is what you want for off trail riding anyway. We gained 7 hp and 4 lb feet of torque in the mid range. 3-5 peak hp with a broader powerband. Plus its only 149 bucks.
Next I would suggest the boyesen rage cage reed valves. The ProCool Billet head gives that motor some quicker throttle response and low end grunt as well. A 2.5 degree timing key is a simple 2-3 hp for only 15 bucks.
Our Back Country Pro Shift clutch kit is designed for low elevation long track models. It will definitely take more clutch weight with the extra power and when you free up the secondary with the torsion spring. Our weights in the clutch kit are adjustable from 68-80 grams each, so plenty of weight to add for the added power.
The stock pipe is pretty darn good on that model. Then I would use a Slp muffler though.
We also have a lot of lightweight components for that model. Drop a lot of weight with our chrome moly front end and rear suspension arms, lightweight brake rotor and track shaft. http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?..._shop=1&id_employee=3&theme=&theme_font=font7

billet head arctic cat 800.jpg ssicatck2.jpg boyesen rad 53-2.jpg

Premium Features