• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Feedback on Skinz Air-Frame Burandt Shorty Running Boards

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Thinking about putting these on my Axys, I've had B&M on my 14 and liked them but I like the idea of the short configuration of these. Would like input from people who have these and I don't need this to get into a Skinz bashing contest.

Thx

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I have not tried them but have had air loc and air frames. My bet is they are awesome. You don't use the very back portion of the long ones anyway. Less board to hang you up in deep snow will be the big gain.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I think they are a neat idea my only concern is the structural integrity of the sled when you mount somewhere other than factory mounting spots.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Bill I don't know if your talking shorter in length or shorter in height.

I was ready to put my Air locs on last. Then found out they had a shorter(length) version. Skinz agreed just to build me the boards. Mine are REALLY short. It's what Burandt was running at the time. He has now gone in between. So mine are shorter and 2"
Higher. Wouldn't change it for anything. I can see if you were a hop over machine you might want longer. I don't think you can get boards as short as mine anymore.

I wouldn't worry about the structural. Once mounted up they are solid. Extra brackets and braces finish it off nicely.

Hitman450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2010
Belle Fourche, S.D
image.jpgI called them this summer and chatted for awhile. They actually have three different lengths of the shorty boards. I ended up going with the shorty board that still mounts to the rear drop brackets. Cause I was allitle worried about structual integrity of the boards not being atached in that spot. They sure are a nice set of boards. And the new frameless seat compared to my frameless on my 13 is allot nicer for the axys.

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
View attachment 271944I called them this summer and chatted for awhile. They actually have three different lengths of the shorty boards. I ended up going with the shorty board that still mounts to the rear drop brackets. Cause I was allitle worried about structual integrity of the boards not being atached in that spot. They sure are a nice set of boards. And the new frameless seat compared to my frameless on my 13 is allot nicer for the axys.

Sorry to derail, but have you had any issues with the velcro holding the frameless seat on?

Hitman450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2010
Belle Fourche, S.D
Looks really great- did a good job in application-
Let us know when the snow flies, how( if any) snow build up on the rear of them boards..

S/C

Thanks! Will do SC! That was the main reason I went with the shorty boards. Never really used the last 5-6"s of the stock board only in certain situations. And the snow always pilled up back there! Even worse on my 13.

Hitman450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2010
Belle Fourche, S.D
Sorry to derail, but have you had any issues with the velcro holding the frameless seat on?

When I received my frameless seat for my 13 I was stoked till I started looking at it before install. Cause the only thing that really held it on was the Velcro and two straps to the tank bolts. For this seat you have to remove the two Allen heads that hold the bracket into the tank for the stock seat. But it has held up great even in the sled deck at 90mph lol.

When I took the frameless seat out of the burandt bag for the axys it was right off the bat a better designed seat. Still uses Velcro and the straps to the tank like the pro frameless but they integrated a plastic piece that slides into the tank seat mount like the factory seat. So it has a more planted feeling to the tank if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

shadow conspiracy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quesnel, B.C.
I just recently bought a pair of the shorty boards (used). I didn't realize there was different lengths. They don't reach all the way back to the drop brackets. I never received any other support brackets. Should there be? Little worried on the strength of the tunnel now as I'm a bigger guy and not the easiest on my sleds.

Last edited:

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
I had the Shorty Boards last season and they were just shiet to be honest.
Tunnel started cracking near the dropbrackets on both sides pretty bad... Its something that never should have gone into production!

And the matte paint on the Boards are also really bad. Snow and ice stick extremly well to it. Im not changing my oem Boards this year!

shadow conspiracy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quesnel, B.C.
Mine are powder coated yellow but if the tunnel can't handle it I guess I'll pick something else up. Reason I wanted to switch is because I keep cracking the cast aluminum piece on the stock ones

S
Oct 9, 2012
I have a good buddy that rides them and is friends w/ Chris. He rides hard and hasn't had any issues. I was also kind of concerned w/ the shorter configuration but I haven't seen any issues... The only advice I'd say is if you buy them be sure to remove the cleats on the first cross bar. Your boots can get caught up, & cause some issues. My buddy wrecked once last winter, got locked in, and I had to literally pull his boots free for him...

Premium Features