• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo or save money and buy a G4?

Turbo or G4

• Turbo T3

Votes: 36 23.2%
  • Buy G4

Votes: 82 52.9%
  • Ride a camel

Votes: 37 23.9%

• Total voters

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
IF you cant tell the difference??

THEN it wasnt a "good running" BB...

The difference SHR offers is a "complete" kit because I actually RIDE a T3 880...

clutching, gearing, exhaust and of course a real 25 HP...

elevation is irrelavent, +25 hp in MN. is still +25 hp at 8000'-BJ

I have several guys in WA. but dan/174 T3/860 in puyallup comes to mind

If a sled runs perfect and pulls rpm it goes into the "runs good" category. If it doesn't perform than that's a different topic. It ran good it just performed equal to stock. It's funny to hear you talk about what 174's these days cuz you used to argue with me- I've ran 174's since they came out like in 2005ish and you'd say idk why you need anything longer than a 144". Guess it finally sank in Lol- No disrespect tho I just had to say that so I can quit thinking it everytime I see you post something about it... I've sold lots of ski doos this year for the local dealer, I just find it hard especially after riding that 872 and doing this for over 20 years now and spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on junk that Your kit will be any kind of a game changer over stock. I'd love to be wrong. Would you put a money back guarantee on your product if I buy a 190 complete kit?

LOL

I guess I'm getting old, I do not remember ever saying a 144 is all you need?? (personal builds over the years, 136-141 and 156 670 in 1999, 136-159 925 triple S chassis in 2001, 162 triple REV 2006, 154-156 2.5 860 XP in 2010, 154-174 860 XP in 2011 etc...) but I could have been on a different topic??

As for a "good running VS "GOOD RUNNING" I guess I would ASSUME a good running BB would run BETTER than stock...

I did a BB 670-720 in 1999 and that motor made 25 more hp than stock, been dooing it ever since...saying 25 hp MORE does not run better than stock means only 1 thing...you didnt get the 25 hp:face-icon-small-sho...

I'm pretty sure a stock 800 beats a stock 600 pretty bad and that is 30 hp...

I would guarantee any of my kits if I did the install/set up...sorry, I do not guarantee/wty your work (nothing personal)...I just have seen pretty much every ?? version of "mechanical abilities" in the last 20 years:face-icon-small-coo-BJ

At SHR you doo get what you pay for...others???

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
LOL

I guess I'm getting old, I do not remember ever saying a 144 is all you need?? (personal builds over the years, 136-141 and 156 670 in 1999, 136-159 925 triple S chassis in 2001, 162 triple REV 2006, 154-156 2.5 860 XP in 2010, 154-174 860 XP in 2011 etc...) but I could have been on a different topic??

As for a "good running VS "GOOD RUNNING" I guess I would ASSUME a good running BB would run BETTER than stock...

I did a BB 670-720 in 1999 and that motor made 25 more hp than stock, been dooing it ever since...saying 25 hp MORE does not run better than stock means only 1 thing...you didnt get the 25 hp:face-icon-small-sho...

I'm pretty sure a stock 800 beats a stock 600 pretty bad and that is 30 hp...

I would guarantee any of my kits if I did the install/set up...sorry, I do not guarantee/wty your work (nothing personal)...I just have seen pretty much every ?? version of "mechanical abilities" in the last 20 years:face-icon-small-coo-BJ

At SHR you doo get what you pay for...others???

So a guy would have to drop his sled off in Missesota for you to guarantee it makes 25hp? I didn't ask for warranty, I asked for a money back guarantee that it's going to perform better than stock. Driving to Minnesota twice or shipping a sled there and back for 25 horsepower doesn't sound too inviting.
In the year 2000 ski Doo came out with a 800 engine, now it's 2017 and ski Doo increased it to 850. Wow how will we handle the drastic increase so soon? While the watercraft industry from the same manufacture goes from roughly 800s in 2000 to 1800cc + supercharged-turbo charged 100mph ++ Skis that are actually so fast now it's dangerous and kills hundreds of people every year and most lake speed limits are 55mph. Makes so much sense to me Lol.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
So a guy would have to drop his sled off in Missesota for you to guarantee it makes 25hp? I didn't ask for warranty, I asked for a money back guarantee that it's going to perform better than stock. Driving to Minnesota twice or shipping a sled there and back for 25 horsepower doesn't sound too inviting.
In the year 2000 ski Doo came out with a 800 engine, now it's 2017 and ski Doo increased it to 850. Wow how will we handle the drastic increase so soon? While the watercraft industry from the same manufacture goes from roughly 800s in 2000 to 1800cc + supercharged-turbo charged 100mph ++ Skis that are actually so fast now it's dangerous and kills hundreds of people every year and most lake speed limits are 55mph. Makes so much sense to me Lol.

My point was "if you want a guarantee" that it runs better than stock than yes...

The 25 hp is easy (all in the parts I send)...NOW can you assemble/tune it correctly to SEE/FELL the 25 hp???

as for 300 hp water craft that now speed limited to 70? mph...thats a crazy diff story...

btw- we see 110-120 mph on these sleds on the same lakes...so its pretty crazy out there, now we have a 205 hp yammy stock!!! -BJ

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Really depends on how and where u ride.
For me, it would be a Big bore.
Turbo lag sucks.

GS6

Turbo lag was something we quit talking about along time ago. companies created timing control and nitrous left pretty much because of it. There is 2stroke turbo companies that build no lag turbo systems. Sled for sled a big bore will never keep up with a turbo kit. The reason to not have a 2stroke turbo is cracked air boxes, cracked exhaust pipes, blown reeds, or motors that can't handle it.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Turbo lag was something we quit talking about along time ago. companies created timing control and nitrous left pretty much because of it. There is 2stroke turbo companies that build no lag turbo systems. Sled for sled a big bore will never keep up with a turbo kit. The reason to not have a 2stroke turbo is cracked air boxes, cracked exhaust pipes, blown reeds, or motors that can't handle it.

Time to try a new kit.

Previously I've spent tens of thousands of dollars to try and achieve what I HAVE achieved on my sled now v

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I'd personally wait a year or two, for two reasons.
1. Ski-doo needs R&D done on these new sleds by the consumer.. Sad, but true.
2. The turbo companies need a solid year to figure out their kits.

I'm waiting.. but I just "married" my current sled with a turbo.
I'm sure this chassis will be around for a while. no need to jump the gun. If anything it will get better with time.

So have patience.. The companies all play mind games with us anyways trying to get us on the "latest and greatest" The 16 T3 is a beauty, go enjoy it and try to get some of your monies worth out of it.

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Well, Somebody nds to tell silber that lag shouldn't be there.

GS6

That's true. If you've been paying attention to turbos the last bunch of years you would know why silber is what it is. let's not get on a bashing of silber topic tho, I have enough "bashing"topics going..
I'll be positive and say they are still trying always to make their kits better and better.

Throttle response is massively important to me in my turbo sleds and has been. My apex Turbo actually has more throttle response than if it was bone stock no turbo. There is multiple reasons 2s and 4s have lag and or have instant throttle response.
I don't personally care for a certain turbo company's kit that id rather not name but at the same exact time I also think it's the best most reliable kit I would want the general public owning. I would personally rather mess around with my mapping/timing to have massive zing and get the most out of a sled like that but that also isn't what's good for the general public.

cadams

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
ND
I would buy a gen4. My buddy supercharged a pro in 15 and they came out with the axys in 16. The axys is a way better sled but after sticking ten grand in his pro, well, he is married to it. His sled is still awesome but it is still no axys. It is going to be the same thing for you with the xm. The new doo is going to go through the snow so much better. It will be the same difference over the xm as the axys is over the pro which is huge. Hands down gen 4.
Buy a gen4 because a buddy of his had a "supercharged" Polaris one time. And the axis came out and that was a better sled. .. Is it just me or is this the most screwed up answer iv ever heard.?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

emhoffer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Beulah, ND
I guess that all depends on what pull and go means to you. My turbo Xm has been pull and go. No I'm not lying. Yes I keep up on maintainance on my sleds. 3,000 miles on my Xm. Never replaced anything except the fuel programmer. Other than that, pull and go. Same clutch, same top end, same bottom end, same turbo, same chain and gears.....you get the idea. My pro, is another story. New top end, new clutch, new bearings. But overall it's been fairly reliable as well. I did the top end so it wouldn't blow but the clutch and bearings were shot. 3,000 miles on it as well. No I don't have trailer queens. This year I've broken my s mod, bent my handle bars and steering post, ripped two panels open, tore a few lugs, bent a driveshaft, dinged an a arm, tore a few vents, bent a running board and in general beat my sleds up pretty good. I'm just saying this to prove my sleds aren't trailer queens. Long story short.....turbos can be pull and go if you take care of them. And I don't maintainance them any more than I did my stock sled.

What kind of turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features