• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Yamaha- Bold new graphics

A
Nov 11, 2010
3" track, redesigned rear skid and new M-36 front suspension (C to C ski adjustable from 34.5 - 38.5) and a new mtn ski.

No new motor, no new chassis but some nice refinements for Yamacat's, heck, it's more than doo announced, not saying the yamacat is better than doo, but this year they have more refinements that should help the guys on those machines get closer to the std, whatever you consider the std to be (doo or poo)

V
Apr 10, 2008
Enderby B.C.
Missed ski stance

3" track, redesigned rear skid and new M-36 front suspension (C to C ski adjustable from 34.5 - 38.5) and a new mtn ski.

No new motor, no new chassis but some nice refinements for Yamacat's, heck, it's more than doo announced, not saying the yamacat is better than doo, but this year they have more refinements that should help the guys on those machines get closer to the std, whatever you consider the std to be (doo or poo)

Ya, I missed the ski stance, which is huge actually. Should be a big improvement.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
It's a huge improvement from the 15 model. The front end is awesome, except for the floats of course.
A 174x3 would have been a home run in my opinion. Although based on this season a 3 inch is too much.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I swear all the yammi guys "in the know" said last year for 2015 that new motor and chassis was coming out...

Crazy how its now time to release 2016s and still no motor or anything...I'm totally shocked!

Regardless at least there are some fairly nice upgrades coming out this year. Thus far skidoo is the only manufacturer doing BNG

EDIT: just looked on the website, the a-arms look different too or have I just not looked closely at the a-arms in the last couple years? Regardless the ski stance does look quite a bit narrower which could be quite beneficial. I wonder if cat is doing the same upgrades?

Last edit: is it just me or do the front shocks look really exposed?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I swear all the yammi guys "in the know" said last year for 2015 that new motor and chassis was coming out...

Crazy how its now time to release 2016s and still no motor or anything...I'm totally shocked!

Regardless at least there are some fairly nice upgrades coming out this year. Thus far skidoo is the only manufacturer doing BNG

EDIT: just looked on the website, the a-arms look different too or have I just not looked closely at the a-arms in the last couple years? Regardless the ski stance does look quite a bit narrower which could be quite beneficial. I wonder if cat is doing the same upgrades?

Last edit: is it just me or do the front shocks look really exposed?

uumm no we said new motor in 2-3 years for mtn sleds:face-icon-small-hap

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
No factory boost option likely because that will be on the arctic cat 7000. Why in the world would you allow Yamaha to let your cat out of the bag? Whoever redesigned the front suspension whether it was cat or Yamaha, it doesn't change the fact that Cat builds these sleds not Yamaha.

Why would Arctic Cat let Yamaha release 16MY sleds first when you have the upper hand. From all I have heard Yamaha is not in control of this business deal other than supplying the engines.

At the very least I expect to see all upgrades to 16MY Yamaha on the 16MY cats and possibly more. I also predict to see at the very least a 180 hp arctic cat turbo kit if not factory boosted 7000. I predict that yes it is the Push Kit. . . As I saw Kevin was up in Thief River Falls testing recently. Also the first person I heard about the nytro motor going into the cat was from Kevin 4 years ago.(I didn't believe him at the time)

Once you Yamaha guys realize that this is a partnership with Arctic Cat you will understand. Not that I don't see anything new from Yamaha in the future I surely do. I just see that it will likely be built in TRF.

Jan 12, 2015
yamacat

Yamaha should just fold up there snowmobile division and let the other three fight it out,because there out of it ima.
just sell there engines and be done already.
p.s.
switching back to poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Premium Features