• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pics of GPS mounts

wellmanconst

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
I am looking at buying a Garmin Montana 650 or a rhino and was wondering how you guys had your GPS mounted on your sleds. Any pics would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

B
Jan 17, 2008
NorCal
On my 2010 M-8 I don`t have the Garmin Rhino mounted all the time in case of rollover and it might get in the way of the grab bar a little bit. But Ram Mounts makes a bolt with a ball on the end that takes the place of one of my handlebar mounting bolts. When I am heading back to the truck I slide the adapter on the ball on the handlebar and the Rhino also has the snap on case with a ball on the back and the adapter slides over each ball and tightens allowing for some up and down adjusting. Sorry no pics, but check out Ram Mounts, nice products.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm about to puck up a Rino 650. Would loveto see pictures.
Do you run a 12 volt ac cigarette charger on your sled ?

R
Nov 27, 2007
North Dakota
Garmin Montana using Garmin Montana AMPS mount with RAM balls/short arm...hardwired to sled for always on power.

XF1100GPSSPOTGoPro.jpg

XF1100GPSSPOTGoProSide.jpg

Last edited:

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
i dont have a pic of my 655t mounted, but this is a pic of my 530hcx. i used the ram mount,with the short arm, never had a problem and i rolled it many times down the hill, with the 655t i used the ram mount, but did not mount the ball to the back of the cradle, i just mounted the cradle directly to the dash in the same spotgarmin mount.jpg

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
ram mount

I just got the ram mount with the short arm and the handlebar clamp for my 60csx on the pro. It turned out super trick and is awesome for viewing when standing up. Easily adjusted or removed totally from the machine....awesome setup!

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I mounted the cradle for my Rhino 530HCX directly to the hood deck in front of, and to the left of the MFD. I opted against the ball mount.

I had to remove the air intake from the underside of the hood and even though the bracket is secured with NyLoc nuts I don't want to risk sucking a screw into the engine so I over-taped the heads with aluminum heat-tape (which sticks like crazy in all temps)

Here's a couple of crappy cell phone pics.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I can't find an AC charger for the Rhino 600 series.

Anyone?

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
I use the ram mounts for my 530 also. Did have the base break once in a roll over and a branch tore the rino out of the mount once. Luckily I found it both times. Now I have a Wii write strap wrapped around the gps to the bars. I use the same to keep helmet cam on helmet also.

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
gps mounts

i run a rino 655 on my xp and xm
i use the ram cradle but mount it directly to the dash i dont use the ball system
it keeps the gps very close to the dash, i have barrel rolled the sled several times, never had a problem, i do use an SS fishing leader as a teather to the riser i will try and post a pic or two

IMG_3193.JPG IMG_3194.JPG

Premium Features