• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Teth-Air Cordless Tether Arctic Cat M8000

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
I would like to install a Teth-Air cordless tether on my 2014 Arctic Cat M8000. I am looking for pros and cons of going this route. What experiences good or bad have happened? Thanks for the help I appreciate I it.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I'm sure the system works great for a run away sled but since the teth-air works on a transmitter and and the disconnect works on a distance peramet er, if the sled were to roll over and land on you, the sled isn't going to shut off.

That's by biggest issue with the system. It is cool that you can alter the disconnect length though.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have one on my 15 M8000. It works great but I am having some hard starting issues. When I would unhook the power to the Teth-Air the sled would start. I replaced the battery in the wrist band and everything was fine, for a while. Then the sled wouldn't start again, I unhooked the power to the Teth-Air again and the sled still would not start. It eventually started but, now I am wondering if the Teth-Air was the issue at all.

One weird thing was, I tipped over my sled (new 36" front end issues) and was thrown a bit. The throttle got pinned open and what was weird is I had the presence of mind to run away from the sled to kill the motor.

I do like the Teth- Air but, the jury is still out for me based on the hard starting issues.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I have one on my 15 M8000. It works great but I am having some hard starting issues. When I would unhook the power to the Teth-Air the sled would start. I replaced the battery in the wrist band and everything was fine, for a while. Then the sled wouldn't start again, I unhooked the power to the Teth-Air again and the sled still would not start. It eventually started but, now I am wondering if the Teth-Air was the issue at all.

One weird thing was, I tipped over my sled (new 36" front end issues) and was thrown a bit. The throttle got pinned open and what was weird is I had the presence of mind to run away from the sled to kill the motor.

I do like the Teth- Air but, the jury is still out for me based on the hard starting issues.

Have opinions been formed or changed after a season? I’m somewhat interested in this, or maybe I just move my current setup. It’s installed next to the post and sometimes a struggle to get the plug back on. The cordless seems like a cool idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
My hard starting issues continued and I eventually removed the Teth-Air. Guess what, my hard starting issues continued after removing it as well.

I don't intend to put it back on this season. If you are interested in it for a good price send me a PM.

Premium Features