• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Exhaust valve mod with ported cylinders

M
Oct 4, 2016
I have a 2009 m8 with boondocker and timbersled intake, 2012 h.o. Cylinder head, bdx exhaust valve deletes and just purchased used d&d ported cylinders and twin pipes got it all installed and I am wondering if I need to get either my stock exhaust valves or the exhaust valve deletes (if I choose to stick with those) modified to match the ported cylinders

T
Nov 29, 2007
Wuhan, WA
I'm no expert here, but here is my .02...

If you use the BDX valve deletes then it shouldn't matter because those are stuck in the open position anyways.

Stock exhaust valves shouldn't need to be altered either unless you went to a larger size piston. Then you would be worried about contacting the piston. If they are just ported pistons then stock exhaust valves should be fine.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
I have a 2009 m8 with boondocker and timbersled intake, 2012 h.o. Cylinder head, bdx exhaust valve deletes and just purchased used d&d ported cylinders and twin pipes got it all installed and I am wondering if I need to get either my stock exhaust valves or the exhaust valve deletes (if I choose to stick with those) modified to match the ported cylinders

Put the deletes I the cylinder and see if they hand down into the port or not. If they don't then your fine. If the port has been raised and deletes hang down, then you need have them port matched. We can do it here. Or you can mark them with a marker or scribe line, and then belt sand or grind to match.

M
Oct 4, 2016
Solution

Forgot I even posted this or what I was thinking I knew the answer to that lol, I was confusing a different issue I think... my stock exhaust valves were making contact with the pistons ever so slightly but I've been using the bdx deletes and obviously it's been fine ?

Premium Features