• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 dragon 700 clutching with slp pipe

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
What altitude? If in the 7-10k range, throw the pipe on and run it with the stock clutching... maybe switch to an SLP Blue/Pink spring. The 700s were clutched heavy for that elevation from the factory and the pipe makes enough more power to pull that heavy clutching.

sled_guy

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I tried a LOT of combinations with my 09 700 when I had it to squeeze all the performance I could out of it, and the result was quite impressive, including a change or 2 that a couple folks said would never work and actually helped out huge! My main riding area is 5-7k ft. This is my setup that took me a very long time to come up with.

09 700 RMK 155
SLP Pipe & Can
18/42 gearing
SLP Blue/Pink primary spring
60g EPI Weights
Team Black/Purple secondary spring
Carls Helix in 62-38/.40 track

D
Jan 23, 2017
Sorry for late reply with some lake testing I have realized it must be close with stock clutching. I am neck and neck with newer 800 etec ski doos. Does any one know what stock polaris spring rates are and what they would cross to in a slp spring or epi as I don't have a polaris dealer close to get stock springs. Also anyone have any tricks to squeeze a little more out of her as it would be nice to be a sled length ahead of those ski doos I am riding 1000 ft.

Premium Features