• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 900 Help Needed

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
sloan188 - I pulled the flywheel and the inner ring had come loose and wore through the stator wires. I'm going to reapply epoxy and fix the exposed wires. Will any high temp epoxy work or is there anything you would recommend?

Thanks!

I've experienced similar issues to yours in three instances:
1. bad TPS - no codes but stumbling at about 3/4 throttle. Sometimes would go through it if you backed off and hit it again.
2. bad TPS pigtail - no codes but stumbling at random locations of throttle.
3. flywheel inner sheath coming free and cutting into the stator wires - codes (don't recall which they were) and stumbling (don't recall throttle position but likely wasn't only at 3/4). The stator ohmed out fine. I suspect the flywheel separation was grounding the stator out when it was cutting into the wires. Fix was to cut and splice the bad portion of stator wires and to epoxy the inner sheath in place.

In my case it was on a 2005 900.

Good luck.

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
New Issue New

I repaired the inner sleeve of the flywheel and patched up the stator wires. Just prior to fixing this, it was starting to run on 1 cylinder. It is still only running on one cylinder. The PTO side will not fire. I have spark to that plug and the plug is wet. I changed plugs and no change. I pulled the intake and looking through the y-pipe and throttle body and all appears normal.

What else could it be? I have air, fuel, and spark. Previous compression test was 115psi per cylinder.

M
Jan 2, 2017
this may sound stupid or maybe some one already said it. unplugg the kill switch and run it like that. then unplug the ignition. it will run without it you just wont have a way to shut it tell you plug one back in

S
Oct 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
sloan188 - I pulled the flywheel and the inner ring had come loose and wore through the stator wires. I'm going to reapply epoxy and fix the exposed wires. Will any high temp epoxy work or is there anything you would recommend?

Thanks!

I just used a 2 part epoxy available at canadian tire. I don't recommend anything in particular.

Glad you found your issue...

Premium Features