• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Summit 850 Silencer

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
SLP Standard Summit 850 Silencer

A follow up note on missing parts. I called up SLP and explained my problem with missing parts. They listened to what I needed and put them in the mail. I received what i was missing fast at no charge at all. Thanks SLP for the most excellent customer service! I appreciate it :face-icon-small-hap

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Anyone running GGB mountain and notice any performance loss / Lose RPM?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I’ve had great luck with the Diamond S Ti quiet can. They look cool(cooler after they get hot), sound cool, are similar noise level to stock, are very lightweight and make the same or slightly more power than stock. One BIG issue with any exhaust mod on and ETEC engine is the way heat is generated and how it’s “stored” in the pipe. The ETEC uses the difference in temp between the pipe temp sensor and the temp sensor in the muffler. It’s not just max temp or temp of either sensor but the difference between the two. Seems VERY hard for some of the aftermarket to even know what the engine wants in this regard. I’ve had full pipe setups in an ETEC that requires 2 grams less weight than stock. That y-pipe, pipe and muffler looked and sounded great but were robbing power.

N
Dec 18, 2012
Bothell, Wa
Hey guys,

I noticed some questions that relate to our silencers and that I might pop in to help answer them.

We are offering 2 options for lightweight silencers on the G4 850 Ski-Doo and both of them are available immediately:

Standard Lightweight Silencer - Saves 7.1 pounds and has the same quieter SLP exhaust note you have known for years.

Competition Series Ultra-Lite Silencer - Saves 9.1 pounds and has a more aggressive exhaust sound at full throttle.

The main reason for using one of these silencers with the stock pipe is for weight savings, but they also show a small power improvement and have a little better throttle response. We have tested them on the dyno and the snow. They and are a little faster in the field compared to the stock silencer. For the real power gains the single pipe is the way to go. Each silencer is available in black satin ceramic or silver polish ceramic coating.

Both of these silencers run 299.95 a piece and are compatible with the SLP Single Pipe if you decide to upgrade later.

I have attached some pictures to give you an idea of what they each look like.

Adam Wood
Sales Manager, SLP

Adam,

Do you have any sound clips of those on the g4 850?

Premium Features