• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Go pro 3+ Vs 4 silver?

R
Mar 4, 2015
Hi guys I'm going to pick up my first go pro for this riding season and wondering if it's worth the extra money on the 4 silver or not? Also what software editing are you guys using the last post I read on it was a couple years old. I have a macbook pro if that makes a difference
Thanks

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
I have a gopro 3 and it does everything i need and then some. I would have to look but I believe I shoot all my snowmobile stuff in 720 p and 60 frames per second. As far as editing i have a mac book pro and iMovie and it works ok, the more editing i do the more i want a program that has more capability then iMovie. I use the hdmi port and have a 30 inch tv set up just for editing.

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
The 4 has better battery life and shoots at higher fps for better slow mo. If you don't need that stuff save the money. I have a 3+ silver and it works really well for me. Just wish the batter lasted longer on cold days.

JackdDag

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2014
Longmont, Colorado
I use a 3+ i think they do good if you do want more slow mo then i would go with 4 but the occasional slow mo i do the 3+ works great for me

Premium Features