• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST Member Titles

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
I like the custom field idea, it is possible with vbullitin, on another forum I used to go to paying members were allowed to use that field to put a custom message.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Post rep is a lot more accurate measure of how valuable a member is. .
Sadly that is just not the case on SnoWest where we have over 500,000 BOGUS POSTS in these mind numbing rep threads.

For now, the Post Rep is nearly worthless.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I like the custom field idea, it is possible with vbullitin, on another forum I used to go to paying members were allowed to use that field to put a custom message.
Yes and No.
Yes I can set it to allow everyone to simple have a 2nd name or title.
But that has NOTHING to do with TITLE/RANK as a measure of activity on SnoWest.

This is supposed to be a MERIT based system.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Just changed it up at bit. ;)

Level 1: 0-9 What's a sled?

Level 2: 10-24 In the parking lot

Level 3: 25-49 Trail rider

Level 4: 50-99 Short tracker

Level 5: 100-249 groomer

Level 6: 250-499 freestyle

Level 7: 500-999 crossover

Level 8: 1,000-2,499 boondocker

Level 9: 2,500-4,999 mountain rider

Level 10: 5,000-7,499 hill climber

Level 11: 7,500-9,999 mountain master

Level 12: 10,000+ posts! Snowest is my life

I made a couple more changes... I'm fairly happy with this list personally^^^:D:D

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.

Interesting idea... I guess I personally don't see the importance since we already have a huge signature area where we can out almost anything we want...:beer;

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Have to agree with some of the "who cares" sentiment. Post count/Rep Score are really irrelevant on any forum as to whether the user is a valuable contributor.

Takes but a few interactions with people to realize if they are spewing BS or have something pertinent to add.

I would hazzard a guess that one of the reasons snowest IS such a great and popular snowmobile site is the lack of moderator interactions. Seems like the time is coming when everytime someones farts the wrong way someone will jump in and spray some air freshener from the censorship can. This will undoubtely drive away users and change the overall feel that has made this site what it is.

Time will tell.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Interesting idea... I guess I personally don't see the importance since we already have a huge signature area where we can out almost anything we want...:beer;

true, but in that same since, your post count is also there and if this field is based on post count. Whats the point?

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
I would hazzard a guess that one of the reasons snowest IS such a great and popular snowmobile site is the lack of moderator interactions. Seems like the time is coming when everytime someones farts the wrong way someone will jump in and spray some air freshener from the censorship can. This will undoubtely drive away users and change the overall feel that has made this site what it is.

Time will tell.

your post is considered thread drifting.lets try and stay on the subject next time.:):beer;

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
your post is considered thread drifting.lets try and stay on the subject next time.:):beer;

focus dizzle focus....

Ok, creating a bunch of titles for the number of posts is going to pull all of the would be post whores out of the woodwork so they can reach the upper echelon.

S

spook222

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 28, 2008
eastern washington
I have to agree w/tudizzle on the heavy handed moderators. I poked my head into a couple other snowmobile forums last night and was suprised at how often the moderators felt the need to get involved. anytime there was a difference in opinion, they would come right in like they were riding herd on a bunch of five year olds saying "now boys, lets all get along now". Half the fun of this site IS the difference of opinion......jmo:D

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
postwhore-1.jpg

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
I'm kinda new around here what are these post whores you speak of??:D

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
Who really cares about this? Either your a post whore or not.

^^^^lol, man of few words. But usually calls it
YouHitTheNailOnTheHead.jpg

Time will tell.

^^^^tudizzle nails it too.... it's a fine line, but once crossed, it would die in here. As someone else said, the friction that lives here keeps it going and makes it interesting.

Premium Features