• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can we retire the sticky threads that are old?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If a thread is important enough, it'll stay at the top on it's own, right?

There are a couple that are old enough to let go.

The Big Dawg and Wyo rides are long past.

Does the Customs thread really have to be at the top all the time too?

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
If you did that you would loose a lot of info that is relavant.
Our ability to go back and research old information would be lost.

The only way you could delete just the non-sence threads is to go thru every thread one by one. I would say just let it go.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I agree there was only one Max thread and look what that caused! how many stickys are there! I know I am offended.;):D

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
ONLY admin has the ability to make a thread stay at the top, even without new posts to keep it there. THAT is a "sticky".

Why have old threads stuck at the top when those events are old and done.

I didn't say delete them...I just suggested they "unstick" them, so they fall down the page where they should be.

If someone needs info from an old thread, they should use the fricken "SEARCH" button to find and old thread if it's that important.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
ONLY admin has the ability to make a thread stay at the top, even without new posts to keep it there. THAT is a "sticky".

I wouldn't say that... how long did the max thread stick at the top of fouled plug? :p

I do agree though, stickies need to be attended to... once they're irrelevant, sage 'em.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
It's for threads that no one cares about enough to keep them on top. J/K~. CO forum ride thread got axed the day after the ride, which was fine, but a helluva lot better than that Wyoming dud (sorry pal). Let em die already!

Premium Features