• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Zbros front end.....nothing fits? Did they send us the wrong kits?

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
Seems like the guys last year were R&D for Skinz and now this years its Zbros. Keep in mind it could be worse, you could be wondering if your Poo was going to break the driveshaft or take the cogs off the drive belt. :doh:

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
wtf... Thanks for all the work guys are putting into this!

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
I read in another post that you can order zbros with different tie rods.....ones that are stronger. Any truth to this? I dont see anything on the website nor have i seen replacement parts.

So far no bushings have showed up and no update to tie rods.

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Bushings in stock

We have bushings for Fox shocks in stock and all the others fit. I've even spoke to one customer who used his fox bushings which are a bit tight IMO but they are working and he seems to think they wear and pound out quickly.

Here is my email if anyone is having a question nate@zbrozracing.com or zbrozsales@gmail.com.

Call us or email us if you are needing something.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
We have bushings for Fox shocks in stock and all the others fit. I've even spoke to one customer who used his fox bushings which are a bit tight IMO but they are working and he seems to think they wear and pound out quickly.

Here is my email if anyone is having a question nate@zbrozracing.com or zbrozsales@gmail.com.

Call us or email us if you are needing something.

Email sent.

I am confused to what you mean? He used his fox bushings in the upper mounts and they wore out? The bottoms can not fit unless you where to drill them out they are wall to small to fit over the attachment on the lower A arm?

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
This has got to leave a little bad taste in your mouth. Hopefully You will be able to work things out with ZBros and get what you need. I am sure with all the other reports out there that the front end works well. However having new parts in a box rather then on the sled at this point in the season doesnt work at all. Good luck

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Have yet to hear what the plan is for the weak tie rods. Had a few friends have them fold like butter from pulling on the ski. Hopefully they come out with a better set and take care of existing customers. I feel they have a great product why not make it complete?

shaneway59

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2010
I was told you can use your stock tie rods if you still have them. I think the newer model nytros you just have to cut a bit off the ends to make stock ones work. Couple times I have ordered from zbroz, parts are at my door step in 2 days or less. Awesome customer support IMO.

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Stock bushings

If using a stock Fox float shock on this kit the upper bushings do not change its still mounting the exact same. On the lower portion or where the shock mounts to the arm we are supplying a machined bushing that fits our stud. The stock fox bushing is made of a soft rubber or plastic material and it can be pushed onto our mounting stud but it is tight. We have had guys use them and not complain but my understanding is they are crappy and wear quickly and become very sloppy.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Thanks for the clarification. I received an email from nathan and new bushings are OTW. So far he is reporting only 2 tie rod failures so lets hope that was a fluke.

Tues.

jmaracle2002@yahoo.com

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Innisfail, Alberta
If using a stock Fox float shock on this kit the upper bushings do not change its still mounting the exact same. On the lower portion or where the shock mounts to the arm we are supplying a machined bushing that fits our stud. The stock fox bushing is made of a soft rubber or plastic material and it can be pushed onto our mounting stud but it is tight. We have had guys use them and not complain but my understanding is they are crappy and wear quickly and become very sloppy.

Just installed my Z-Bros kit last night. Very easy install. came with new bushings, but tried the bushing that are on my Fox floats, they will work but very tight, had to work to get them on. Took them off in the end and replaced with the ones I recieved with my kit. I can't wait to try them out, hopefully they make as much of a difference as everyone claims they do.

N

nytro circus

Dec 29, 2009
Clarkston,Wa
Almost 200 miles and no issues to report love them and can't wait to get it out Sunday for another 100 miles

And the customer service is above average considering most aftermarket companies, Nathan called me back within an hour of my email with questions.

Bret

prototype69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Belgrade,MT
Tie rods????

Any word on the tie rods? Z-broz came through on the bushings now I hope they come through on the tie rod ends. Mine are bent and I never hit anything that alarmed me or no stucks that I have had to get pulled out. Don't know what is going on.

Zbrostierodend011_zps9d948755-1_zps3bc8f86c.jpg

Zbrostierodend013_zpsc160dd9b.jpg

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
I was told the stock and zbros t rods are the same just different lengths. Well after going through the kit they are not the same. They have the same outer diameter but the inner diameter is significantly smaller. At first I was confused how that could be because it still has to thread into original tie rod ends. If you look down the z bros tie rod it is coned at the end to receive the t rod end. I am not really sure how they accomplished this? Did they weld on smaller ends? For such a beefy front end I dont know why they would try to save weight here.

Hold the stock tie rod and z bros I would say the z bros is around 60% the weight of the stock rod. I dont have a small enough scale to measure exact weights but you can tell with out a doubt there is a significant difference.

Looks like you bent your upper bolts on your ball joints. Installing mine I have 3 threads showing from the locking nut to the ball joint. If you run more threads it will definitely give more leverage.

You can tell by looking that is a fatigue/stress failure not a collision failure. It would have to be an extremely strange accident to put pressure on bilateral upper ball joints.

Hope they get this solved.

Noticed they are bent backwards.......guess to many high speed reverse maneuvers..........gesh what next!

Last edited:

prototype69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Belgrade,MT
Tuesday, I do agree with you about the less thread showing strenthens the joint. I do know that my front end is set up with the correct camber and that adjustment is what it took to get it correct. That joint should not be the weak link. I will let you know after I talk to z-broz today on what they are going to do.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Tuesday, I do agree with you about the less thread showing strenthens the joint. I do know that my front end is set up with the correct camber and that adjustment is what it took to get it correct. That joint should not be the weak link. I will let you know after I talk to z-broz today on what they are going to do.

Any response from z on this?

Premium Features