• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Zbros front end.....nothing fits? Did they send us the wrong kits?

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
In the states part lists for 29-39 per tube..plus shipping and tax.

I dont understand why they would not include this in the kit. Nothing like another 80-100$ to an already expensive kit?

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
Shoot Scott (scmurs) at OFT Racing a PM. I bought my Concept front end from him. He was sure to get me the newer cross shafts since my 09' had the smaller ones. I don't know how much they cost. He included them in the total. I wish I still had the packages I would get you the part number. :sorry: It sucks to hear you are having issues after spending so much coin. I know the wind would be let out of my sails if I had issues with my install.

prototype69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Belgrade,MT
Just put a skins kit on for my buddie and it had a set of directions with it that informed you had to buy the 8hk-23373 part. That kit was not great to install either. Not impressed yet with any brand right now. Fit and finish is clean on the z-broz but not complete. My bill is going to big fairly large on bushings because I am coming off of the timbersled and need upper,lower,and ski bushings. Glad I get to spend some more $$$.

Dnchelmet011.jpg

S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
I had this bushing issue last year and posted about it.
I personally feal they should inform you when you order it.
As far as the "Yamaha doesn't want us making the bushing" excuse is a load of crap.
There is no patent protection on a bushing, its a weak excuse.
I like the geometry of the kit, but same as many other aftermarket products, if you want it to work properly, you have to figure out the details on your own.
Fourms like this and US "Ginnie Pigs" force them to improve their product, and the patient ones end up with a better kit. Hopefully

J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
Shoot Scott (scmurs) at OFT Racing a PM. I bought my Concept front end from him. He was sure to get me the newer cross shafts since my 09' had the smaller ones. I don't know how much they cost. He included them in the total. I wish I still had the packages I would get you the part number. :sorry: It sucks to hear you are having issues after spending so much coin. I know the wind would be let out of my sails if I had issues with my install.

Scott doesnt run OFT anymore.....

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com

Not to drift the thread away from it's topic, but when you purchase a Skinz front end from the website there is a drop down for your shaft options. 2010 or newer, nothing required. 08-09 I offer OEM shafts for $54.95. I also have a option not yet listed in the drop down for Curve Industries Oilite kit that comes with Oil light bushings and all 6 shafts. This is a good option for all but a really good option for those with Timbersled front ends. http://oftracing.com/OnlineStore/in...ducts_id=122&zenid=nisaaokuevr46aqevnel4r04p2

Last edited:

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
Scott doesnt run OFT anymore.....

Ya I know. Old news. My point was Scott could confirm the correct part # that Tues needs. Whether Rick or Scott own OFT does change the fact that Scott has a vast knowledge of the parts needed and is always glad to help.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Not to drift the thread away from it's topic, but when you purchase a Skinz front end from the website there is a drop down for your shaft options. 2010 or newer, nothing required. 08-09 I offer OEM shafts for $54.95. I also have a option not yet listed in the drop down for Curve Industries Oilite kit that comes with Oil light bushings and all 6 shafts. This is a good option for all but a really good option for those with Timbersled front ends. http://oftracing.com/OnlineStore/in...ducts_id=122&zenid=nisaaokuevr46aqevnel4r04p2

54$ for both shafts? Does the zbros come with olite bushings or stupid plastic ones?

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Zbroz

Ok where to start (Sorry I don't chime in too much on the forums)
1st 2010-2013 upper a arm pivot sleeves is what the arm is built to fit. On the website it says if you have and 08-09 you need these parts and the part # is listed.
2nd 2008-09 coilover style ski shocks will fit but fox floats will require a new set of lower shock bushings that are now being included in every kit ordered for 2010-2013 nytros. Just learned this a few days ago so please spread the word and if you need bushings please call so that bushings can be shipped. We screwed up here on the fox bushing spec and that is why it will be a part of all kits using fox shocks. 3rd if you have our exit shocks we can send a eyelet conversion kit to make them fit our new lower arms. All new shocks purchased will be built to fit the arm.

Last edited:
Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Zbroz bushing FYI

I forgot to mention info on the bushings we use they are built from Acetyl which is basically Delrin but better In our opinion. We have had really good testing and results with this product and you shouldn't need to spend any extra money on any other bushings. This was also the main reason for switching to the larger 2010 and new pin/sleeve diameter it will hold up better and wear longer because it has a larger surface area.

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
so if i order the kit for my 2011 nytro everything is included and will mount with no problems? If i order the kit how long will it take before it ships?

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Ok where to start (Sorry I don't chime in too much on the forums)
1st 2010-2013 upper a arm pivot sleeves is what the arm is built to fit. On the website it says if you have and 08-09 you need these parts and the part # is listed.
2nd 2008-09 coilover style ski shocks will fit but fox floats will require a new set of lower shock bushings that are now being included in every kit ordered for 2010-2013 nytros. Just learned this a few days ago so please spread the word and if you need bushings please call so that bushings can be shipped. We screwed up here on the fox bushing spec and that is why it will be a part of all kits using fox shocks. 3rd if you have our exit shocks we can send a eyelet conversion kit to make them fit our new lower arms. All new shocks purchased will be built to fit the arm.

Thanks for the post. I know the website has been updated last couple of days because the bottom quote was never originally on the order page. Good to hear they will send an update on the bushing, to bad the ones that ordered the kit expecting to bolt have to wait for bushings and round up a set of pivot tubes for another 75-100$.

** 08-09 model MTX will require the use of upper A arm pivot pin #8HK-23373-00-00, This part is off all 2010 and newer model Nytros. This part is not included so if you are putting the kit on an 08-09 MTX you need two of these collars. Please specify Year of Nytro this will be installed on and what shocks you are using.

http://www.zbrozracing.com/snowmobile/arsfx-a-arm-kit-stock-width-09-mtx-40-wide-a-arms-and-spin

poppa

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Balzac
Installed my Zbros front end last night on my 08 nitro
kit #K70-0302-2 was the tag on the box everything came in
upper A arm bushings #8HK-23373-00 were ordered and received in the box from the supplier ( Alpine motor sports )
First off I was a bit concerned when I first saw this post and wondered what problems I might encounter.
The kit went in without a problem all nuts bolts etc. were there that were needed to install the kit.

prototype69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Belgrade,MT
Installed mine friday night and put 20 miles on it sat. Awsome product night and day difference between timbersled and z-broz can't wait for some real snow.

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
Went out riding for two days in the deep. Both tie rods are bent from pulling the front end of the sled around when stuck. I'm a dealer and also have another customer with bend tie rods from the same thing this weekend... The travel stop bottoms and then the ski when pulled puts compression on the tie rods and they buckled. (I did not excessively yank the skis either) The tie rods are thin walled aluminum and way too light IMO.. Was about to order in a dozen sets but need to figure out these few problems first.

On a positive note, they rode amazing and definetely improved handling. Anyone with a Nytro should get these hands down.

ZBroz have been great to deal with so far and I'm sure they'll fix these issues. They are a stand up company and new products sometimes have bugs.

Premium Features