• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Just got back from a lengthy holiday..looking to get the sail boat prepped soon...

Ice is almost ready to be off the lake and water will be high enough early june..

You have a great summer...!!!!

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Nice!!!

Just got back from a lengthy holiday..looking to get the sail boat prepped soon...

Ice is almost ready to be off the lake and water will be high enough early june..

You have a great summer...!!!!

Awesome!!! It's time for summer. Winter was great but it is always nice to give up -40 for warmer temps!!! Lol, good thing we didn't have a real cold winter. Saw a few longer stretches of -30 ish tho... . Defrosted water seems inviting...

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
The Latest

It is tested!!! I got a chance to drop the new little boat in the water finally after waiting the whole winter. It was a struggle to get there and finally after re-assembling my turbo sled and doing a bunch of work to my jeep I had the time to get a bit wet!!!

Here is a link: http://youtu.be/GgAtmzlbVkc

I will be posting more vids as the season progresses. I am sure I may post a link or two here but they will be on You Tube for sure!!!

This may work too:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GgAtmzlbVkc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
yep.....sweet sweet build...
the only thing he has to realize is that an old saying is relevant here.....

"if you love it , set it free , (with me in the bushes) , if it comes back it was yours , if it doesn't it never was "

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
yep.....sweet sweet build...
the only thing he has to realize is that an old saying is relevant here.....

"if you love it , set it free , (with me in the bushes) , if it comes back it was yours , if it doesn't it never was "

You need to take a back seat.... I've already got dibs on this boat!!

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Ha Ha!!!

Ha Ha!!! Lol, thanks gents. Always nice to have great comments like that. Outlaw/Eagle out of Red Deer, Alberta, Canada was talking about doing a run of the 11 ft version of this type of boat. After building two of these and running both, I believe the 11 ft version may be an improvement. My 9 ft job is real tight and with the longer one the nose could be more streamlined and allow more room for the cockpit area.

The dealership is called Burnt Lake Motorsports. They have a real sweet selection of boats already and years experience building jet hulls from utility to world champion race boats. I don't believe they were going to sell complete units, just the hull but I am not 100% sure so you would have to ask. I know both Outlaw and Eagle hulls are being run in the US so across border issues shouldn't exist. Once again one would have to double check if they could import one from Canada to the US.

Wish you guys the best of luck with mini's... at this point I am still working out the little bugs with my second hull. We built a new hull 14 inches longer for my bud and will hopefully be testing it soon... I also have a new idea.... but you will have to wait!!!

Cheers... Happy Trails!!!

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
To elaborate a little, you could compare it to the Campagna T-rex, but it makes the T-rex look like a dinosaur......pardon the pun. Drivetrain in mine is a 4 cylinder automotive engine with considerably more torque coupled to a 6 speed tranny driving the 2 front wheels rather than 1 back wheel.

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Sweet!!!

To elaborate a little, you could compare it to the Campagna T-rex, but it makes the T-rex look like a dinosaur......pardon the pun. Drivetrain in mine is a 4 cylinder automotive engine with considerably more torque coupled to a 6 speed tranny driving the 2 front wheels rather than 1 back wheel.

Sweet!!! You gonna post a build thread so we can all watch? That would be awesome!!!

Premium Features