• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Approach Angle Change

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
I saw at least one sled in the "pics of your proride" thread that had a different angle and someone mentioned it but there was no real discussion about it. One older fellow I've ridden with was talking about playing with the approach angle on his new pro after coming off a top-to-bottom full mod Gen II chassis, but he's fairly tight-lipped about his pro's performance as far as that goes so far. I was just wondering if anyone had tried any different locations for mounting the rear suspension. I think mods like that which require a lot of initial thought but really aren't complicated but still make a big difference are the best. Something that no one really notices but makes the sled perform noticeably better. I just think this is something that I haven't seen really any discussion on so I figured I'd throw it out there.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Or could be someone with the Assault was drilling out the top bolt hole for the front of the skid?? Haven't looked through that thread in quite some time..

H
Dec 12, 2009
The older poo chassis really did a lot better with a lower track shaft (decreased approach angle). The newer chasis already does what the drop and roll did for the older chassis, so I would really be hesitant to spend any appreciable amount of money going further (especially when the stock set up already preforms so well)

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
The Assaults have a steeper angle than the Pro; you can drill the tunnel to raise the front skid but the rail upturn is still more pronounced. The Pro is just fine... in fact it gets on top of the snow better than any sled I've ever ridden.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
As well as the Pro does getting on top of the snow, I don't see the need to change the approach angle. This skid works great bone stock.

Premium Features