• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Boost-It controller release!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I would think that there may be a safety system built into it that if the O2 goes way lean then it would increase the fuel. Possibly?????? Still user tuneable just there as a safety factor?

O and if any of the nytro guys wanna sell me the old box I am interested. I want to try it on a carbed vector motor, But it really has not been done yet so i don't wanna spend a ton of money trying something that may not work, As I am not sure how I would keep the carbs from adding fuel From the boost pressure.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
Easy to stop the carbs from adding extra fuel under boost, don't pressurize the float bowls, just vent them to atmosphere. Then you can use Neil's setup to add extra fuel under boost, you will obviously have to add injectors for the extra fuel supply though.

As for the system adding fuel if the sensor goes lean, that wouldn't be a good idea now I realize. I wasn't thinking about the leaded fuel problem, but you wouldn't want the system adding fuel if the O2 sensor went bad and ruining your performance till you replaced it.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Easy to stop the carbs from adding extra fuel under boost, don't pressurize the float bowls, just vent them to atmosphere. Then you can use Neil's setup to add extra fuel under boost, you will obviously have to add injectors for the extra fuel supply though.

As for the system adding fuel if the sensor goes lean, that wouldn't be a good idea now I realize. I wasn't thinking about the leaded fuel problem, but you wouldn't want the system adding fuel if the O2 sensor went bad and ruining your performance till you replaced it.

I would think you would still need to pressurize the float bowls to keep the boost from pushing fuel out. That is where I think it would be tricky. Maybe it could be fixed just by leaving the fuel pressure to the carbs like it is now? Hmmm this is where I don't know how it would work.

We the safety of the O2 in the box if it went lean, it would catch it right away. And then user could decide what to do, example Unplug the o2 sensor and ride the rest of the day. I am just speculating on this.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I would think you would still need to pressurize the float bowls to keep the boost from pushing fuel out. That is where I think it would be tricky. Maybe it could be fixed just by leaving the fuel pressure to the carbs like it is now? Hmmm this is where I don't know how it would work.

We the safety of the O2 in the box if it went lean, it would catch it right away. And then user could decide what to do, example Unplug the o2 sensor and ride the rest of the day. I am just speculating on this.
Hmmmm. pretty good guess. What if you could turn the function on and off?

DSCN0632.jpg

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Hmmmm. pretty good guess. What if you could turn the function on and off?

:cheer2:

This looks good, now I really wish I had it. I am going to start another thread discussing using it on a carbed sled and see what I can get for ideas.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Pretty hard to argue with results! I love the system, maybe one day I'll have one who knows. I actually love the cleanliness that the integrated fuel rails adds. As far as your explaination on flow/pressure, this is all speculation until you actually see flow #'s(actually,I don't really care, just saying).
This is just information of course, but very interesting. These pics are poor and I apologize for that. This is the air intake to the motor on a 5.9 Cummins. We have seen people making over 450 hp and 1000 lb ft of tourque with this on the motor. The opening is 1.5 inches by 3 inches and is supplying enough air to make those numbers to a 6 cyl 5.9 l engine. It is just a matter of moving enough air. If anything, snowmobiles have a big advantage because we are starting with relatively cool air.

I just thought some people would find this interesting.

DSCF6176.jpg DSCF6177.jpg DSCF6178.jpg

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
This function is pretty cool. The way it works, is if the controller see's lean for more than 2 seconds, it automatically adds 25% more fuel to the map while the sled is on boost. Of course it resets every time the sled comes off of boost. The reason it is 2 seconds, is so if you are in and out of the throttle which can create momentary lean hits on the AEM gauge then it won't trigger the leanwarn. This system will also trigger the LED on the controller so if by chance you can see the light, then you know it went lean.
This is designed so those long WOT pulls will not only keep fueling, you will not lose power due to being lean. It is really a tuning aid and a safety feature.

The box also has 250 points of entry on the fueling, so it can be fined tuned for things like drag racing etc. I could set my sled so it would be 11.6 A/F at WOT every pull on a long lake. It only takes a few seconds to adjust.

DSCN0632.jpg DSCN0626.jpg

T

TApeX_07

This is just information of course, but very interesting. These pics are poor and I apologize for that. This is the air intake to the motor on a 5.9 Cummins. We have seen people making over 450 hp and 1000 lb ft of tourque with this on the motor. The opening is 1.5 inches by 3 inches and is supplying enough air to make those numbers to a 6 cyl 5.9 l engine. It is just a matter of moving enough air. If anything, snowmobiles have a big advantage because we are starting with relatively cool air.

I just thought some people would find this interesting.

Actually last fall I put down 838rwhp and 1691rwtq with that intake on my 5.9l. Now its got a Hellman side mount. Well see how much better itll breathe in the next couple months..

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Actually last fall I put down 838rwhp and 1691rwtq with that intake on my 5.9l. Now its got a Hellman side mount. Well see how much better itll breathe in the next couple months..
Wow, that is impressive! We have also seen bigger numbers than what I had stated, but i didn't want to make a debate over it...if you know what I mean.:face-icon-small-win
It is amazing how much air you can cram through a small opening!

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Here is the last cool thing that we have been working on. This new controller will datalog and replay the log in 250 rpm increments with a A/F display. You can then trim the fuel more or less in that window to compensate for rich or lean spots. It might not be for everyone...but it is nice for fine tuning the map.
These pictures do not show a 02 number because the log only displays after the sled has come off of boost and is still running. The blanks are on the screen where the 02 numbers would be displayed.

Oh and a new toy we just picked up for testing!:face-icon-small-sho

DSCN0635.jpg DSCN0669.jpg IMG-20110213-00010.jpg

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Very nice. Great move on your part regarding the Pro tuning. There are going to be a great number of the Pros getting turbos installed as soon as the builders get all the "kinks" worked out. A comprehensive, EASY to use controller will be very attractive.

Sam

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Here is the last cool thing that we have been working on. This new controller will datalog and replay the log in 250 rpm increments with a A/F display. You can then trim the fuel more or less in that window to compensate for rich or lean spots. It might not be for everyone...but it is nice for fine tuning the map.
These pictures do not show a 02 number because the log only displays after the sled has come off of boost and is still running. The blanks are on the screen where the 02 numbers would be displayed.

Oh and a new toy we just picked up for testing!:face-icon-small-sho

I tell you what I wish i had the NM Boost it system for my doo 600 sdi turbo 3 years ago. I would probally be still riding it. Ease of tuning and a built in safety feature! who could ask for more!

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
NM, When using your controller, Are you making any changes to the ignition timing?
We are making no changes to ignition timing. We have found that the guys who have taken off a ignition timing control device have actually improved there throttle response, and have not heard of any cases of detonation etc. I have over 15000 kms on my boosted sleds and have never had a timing device, or a failed engine.
We are filling orders this week with the new controller, and the production is getting better every week. We also hope to test on the 2 smokie next weekend.

T

TTE

Nov 26, 2007
Norway
I am still waiting for some feedback from the mcx apex guys that did the upgrade.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I am still waiting for some feedback from the mcx apex guys that did the upgrade.
Currently there are no Apex rear mounts running this system. There will be as soon as we get more stock.

Premium Features