• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Warranty???

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
thats going to be pretty tough sell for warranty. I wish you best of luck

S

srosscojw

Nov 26, 2007
Kelowna BC
www.signcraft.ca
I sure hope this is warranty.

To date my dealer has been great. This happened on a bumpy trail when the rear shock bottomed. there was no gas can in the rack and very little in the rear bag. The fracture happened right behind the reat scissor upper mount. Do you think that stock reinforcement panel is supposed to prevent this?

S

srosscojw

Nov 26, 2007
Kelowna BC
www.signcraft.ca
I know I cant be the only one who has seen this.

Are you bottoming out the suspension repeatedly?

That is directly where the load is distributed from the rear arm.

Not an indictment of you or your riding, just thinking out loud.

NOT REPEATEDLY but a couple of times for sure. Rear track shock is set for 220 lb rider and I am 200 on the button. Front shock is i pretty much factory set. I did install a 163 CE when new but I checked all hardware and it is tight. I have no complants on this sled at all. I love it and want it fixed.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i dont think they will replace the tunnel everytime you go down a bumpy trail.

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
I did install a 163 CE when new but I checked all hardware and it is tight.

Technically, this could be the fly in the ointment as far as warranty administration goes but really it shouldn't matter unless they can show you that it CAUSED the failure.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Talk to mike(ICR on here) his did this and I thought he said polaris did step up and warranty it,

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Why not just fix it yourself? For me...driving my sled down to the dealer, paying the $50 deductible and being w/o my sled for unknown time is not work it unless I can't do it or the price is too high. Just get some steel rivets and fix it.

S

srosscojw

Nov 26, 2007
Kelowna BC
www.signcraft.ca
Fix It YS

Why not just fix it yourself? For me...driving my sled down to the dealer, paying the $50 deductible and being w/o my sled for unknown time is not work it unless I can't do it or the price is too high. Just get some steel rivets and fix it.

Tunnel is torn and kinked. I need a Tunnel approved first. Then I will patch it up till I can do with out it and my dealer can fix it. I cannot dish out 14 k cdn and then let this stuff go uncorrected....

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
Tunnel is torn and kinked. I need a Tunnel approved first. Then I will patch it up till I can do with out it and my dealer can fix it. I cannot dish out 14 k cdn and then let this stuff go uncorrected....

True that big guy! You paid good money for that thing....TAKE IT...TAKE IT TO THE MAN!!!:mad2::rant:

srsly though...I relaly hope you get this figured out. I'm a big guy (6'4" 240 pounds) and I hope this isn't an "issue" with these tunnels being that next season I'll be picking up a shiney new PRO as well....Good luck!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado

My bad...from the pics I thought the rear drop mount just sheared the rivets. Take it to your dealer and see what he says. I bet Polaris chalks that up as wear and tear. :face-icon-small-con

S

srosscojw

Nov 26, 2007
Kelowna BC
www.signcraft.ca
wear & tear

My bad...from the pics I thought the rear drop mount just sheared the rivets. Take it to your dealer and see what he says. I bet Polaris chalks that up as wear and tear. :face-icon-small-con

300 miles, WEAR & TEAR... this happened on the trail. I know of 3 others with the same exact issue.

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
A suspension, when properly setup "should" bottom on occassion, else you're not using most of it in day to day riding. Assuming the bolts were all tight and nothing was omitted in your reassembly (bushings, shims, etc... I haven't wrestled that skid yet), then I'd say that the tweaked tunnel is totally unacceptable. If it happens to me I'll be all over 'em. Good luck

S

srosscojw

Nov 26, 2007
Kelowna BC
www.signcraft.ca
upgrades

I smell aftermarket drop brackets & Plates in the works for upgrades.

I will be making that section of the tunnel stronger no question about. I am going on vacation and hopefully by the time I get back the new tunnel will be in place. I beleive this to be a known weak spot hence the attempt to strengthen it at the factory. The 07, 08, 09, 10 IQ tunnels did not have this brace? nor did they need it. This is not the same tunnel. I find out tommorow if this will be covered under warranty.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
300 miles, WEAR & TEAR... this happened on the trail. I know of 3 others with the same exact issue.

Hey, I agree. Polaris should work this out with you. I'm on your side and I hope you get some warranty work done. I just figure Po will tag it as "Wear and Tear". Let us know how it goes.

Premium Features