• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rapid bike

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
What are you charging for a kit like this?

What about timing control? Is timing control even neccessary?

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
Will this work for guys with s/c's? Price? When are you planning to release to The public?

Also you should a new thread for this. It looks pretty promising.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
What are you charging for a kit like this?

What about timing control? Is timing control even neccessary?
Kit price will depend on what sled and what you need. For fuel controller, injectors, wiring, etc. it will be about 1150.00 for a 3 cyl and 1300.00 for a 4 cyl.
I think timing control might have it's purpose, but not important in my opinion. This system is designed so the sled runs on it's stock settings and fuel program until it starts to need boost fuel.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Will this work for guys with s/c's? Price? When are you planning to release to The public?

Also you should a new thread for this. It looks pretty promising.
Should work great on any boosted application. I will probably look for someone to test it on a s/c sled before I sell it for them. It is such an easy system to adjust and tune that I think it would work great.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Should work great on any boosted application. I will probably look for someone to test it on a s/c sled before I sell it for them. It is such an easy system to adjust and tune that I think it would work great.

What........test before you sell it? Now thats a novel idea:face-icon-small-win.
Put me down for one on my new 4 cyl program:face-icon-small-hap

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
What........test before you sell it? Now thats a novel idea:face-icon-small-win.
Put me down for one on my new 4 cyl program:face-icon-small-hap
Done! We are installing a kit in my Apex and are hoping to find some snow to test on next week.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Wish I never would have clicked on this thread.AA I cant believe you are jumping ship, I guess I will be too. On the hill adjustability sound perfect.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Wish I never would have clicked on this thread.AA I cant believe you are jumping ship, I guess I will be too. On the hill adjustability sound perfect.

LOL, I'm going to be out of fuel with the stock injectors on my new sled. Neils system has more fuel than a guy would ever need.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast

HAHA AA sled ran better than ever with a PL box he was just in denial:face-icon-small-win and if this new system runs like it did on the Nytro it will just be that much better. One thing about Neil is he will not sugar coat this to make a sale and sell us junk. I'm sure his feed back will be positive and i to will be running it.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
HAHA AA sled ran better than ever with a PL box he was just in denial:face-icon-small-win and if this new system runs like it did on the Nytro it will just be that much better. One thing about Neil is he will not sugar coat this to make a sale and sell us junk. I'm sure his feed back will be positive and i to will be running it.

Shut the hell up WOP, nobody asked you !!

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
The handlebars will be the same :face-icon-small-dis

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
that is a nice kit, but why not using stock ecu for yamaha or SD 1200 turbo sled?

if you make many similar kits, re-flashing of the stock ecu take 20sec. with a already made map.

Haha. Thanks Shane, but I only buy the parts and make them work on a sled. This is as close as you can get to what MCxpress uses for a fuel system as you can get, but it is fully adjustable with the simple turn of a dial.

As far as I am concerned every Alpine, Powderlites Apex and Nytro kits, and early Impulse kits need this system. The sled simply runs off of the stock fuel settings and injectors until it needs more fuel under boost and then starts to add the fuel. It is the easiest and most logical fuel system for any turbo sled. The best part by far is anybody can tune it in "ON THE HILL" within a few minutes.:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
that is a nice kit, but why not using stock ecu for yamaha or SD 1200 turbo sled?

if you make many similar kits, re-flashing of the stock ecu take 20sec. with a already made map.

sorry this is not possible at all for the stock fuel system is not nearly capable of fueling these sleds even with the duty cycle maxed out, on the injectors which drastically reduces the life of an injector, it still wont be close at all, the the stock mapping uses rpm/throttle position/load to calculate the required fuel,
no barometric no boost reference to create maps from. also to get stock ecu flashed PITA. and just wont work.

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
ok,
i am just asking.

then all boosted nytros and 1200 sd i know are using stock ecu.
(injectors, fuel pressure and other tech stuff is a other storry.)

both ecu's support map sensors and boost ref inside the software.

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
Haha. Thanks Shane, but I only buy the parts and make them work on a sled. This is as close as you can get to what MCxpress uses for a fuel system as you can get, but it is fully adjustable with the simple turn of a dial.

As far as I am concerned every Alpine, Powderlites Apex and Nytro kits, and early Impulse kits need this system. The sled simply runs off of the stock fuel settings and injectors until it needs more fuel under boost and then starts to add the fuel. It is the easiest and most logical fuel system for any turbo sled. The best part by far is anybody can tune it in "ON THE HILL" within a few minutes.:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap

Couldn't keep my mouth shut......as far as what i see on the pics, it is AGAIN a simple piggy back fuel dumper,no matter what. Why are you telling out loud RB3,pl ect is **** when your product(so far) look exactly like these fuel dumper??what's new with your box?? timing adjustment??fuelling managment?? what a lot of people should understand is :it is sooooo complicated to PROPERLY TUNE an e.f.i. engine, stop believing 100% of the people can do this on the run on the mountain playing with boost......must have a dynometer hooked up,laboratory a/f sensor,control over fuel,timing,fuel pressure,throttle ect...like all manufacturer(or well equipped tuning shop.
what we are experiencing in the snowmobile industry for 3-4 years, a lot of good shop are puting together turbo,hoses, pipes,bolt,nuts,shims ect(turbo kit) with extremely good wormanship BUT when playing around with e.f.i.engine, the most important thing(specialy with 2 stroke) is to keep the a/f ratio true out the rpm/load of the engine and timing the explosion in the combustion chamber. this can ONLY be done with a complete standalone ecu, nothing else. i know it is more expensive than a simple fuel dumper but soooooooo much better(when properly tuned). i think this year will be an amazing year for the turbo sled world......direc injection(e-tec)in the 2 stroke industry,anD new STANDALONE for a few turbo kit......when you understand you CANNOT play with boost(manual boost controller) with an e.f.i engine....then you will have a good running sled. i have so much to say about fuel boxes it would take all day to write it down. unless you run a standalone ecu(boosted), you never experienced an o.e.m. throttle response(on boost),deceleration,acceleration,driving pleasure!!!!

Premium Features