• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please Help Stolen Sleds

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Has anything turned up yet, pretty tough to hide a Super Duty with a 30 ft trailer behind?

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Frustrated!

Has anything turned up yet, pretty tough to hide a Super Duty with a 30 ft trailer behind?

Pretty easy actually, its the sleds that would be harder to hide, i bet everything is sitting in a quanset somewhere in or around the revy area to sicamous. It would be nothing to rip this equipment off if you lived in one of these secluded areas, but people talk and hopefully someone will have a big mouth about it. We all know cops either cant do anything about it or choose not too "doubt it". Some of these locals dont like all the sledders ripping apart "thier" mountains, they dont realize how much money we contribute to the local economies out there. I am speculating obviously and I dont mean to offend anyone, but to catch a criminal we need to think like one. I would be next to impossible and VERY ballsey to steal a load that large and expect to be able to drive a long distance without someone seeing it. The only place they can ride these one off sleds would be secret spots in that area, or they will have to dissmantle them but like others have said we need to keep an eye out for cheaper than usual parts for sale. Enough of a rant for one night. So fustrating see such amazing machines just vanish and I truley feel bad for these peoples losses.

S

Stubble Jumper1212

Jan 16, 2010
Red Deer
I personally think the comunity of Revelstoke should team up with the RCMP and Derartment of highways and light up a area about 1 km out on each side of revelstoke and get some serious cameras installed like the ones they use in photo radar and get pictures of these bas***rds. I beleive these guys are running in teams with support vechials ahead and behind. I also beleive these guys are posing as sledders , sitting in the parking lots and watching who has what and where they are staying. Everyone is saying catch these guys and beat them , these guys are pro's and if they are taking chances like this they are not going to get caught easly they would probalbly kill to get away. We as a group should get together and set these bas***ds up but it can not be discussed on here.
I would be willing to donate my truck and trailer and spend time trying to catch them. we have to as a team start thinking like them and when that can be done they will get caught . And when they are caught send a message out to the rest of them, this is what will happen to to if you play with us :face-icon-small-hap

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
I personally think the comunity of Revelstoke should team up with the RCMP and Derartment of highways and light up a area about 1 km out on each side of revelstoke and get some serious cameras installed like the ones they use in photo radar and get pictures of these bas***rds. I beleive these guys are running in teams with support vechials ahead and behind. I also beleive these guys are posing as sledders , sitting in the parking lots and watching who has what and where they are staying. Everyone is saying catch these guys and beat them , these guys are pro's and if they are taking chances like this they are not going to get caught easly they would probalbly kill to get away. We as a group should get together and set these bas***ds up but it can not be discussed on here.
I would be willing to donate my truck and trailer and spend time trying to catch them. we have to as a team start thinking like them and when that can be done they will get caught . And when they are caught send a message out to the rest of them, this is what will happen to to if you play with us :face-icon-small-hap

I 100% fully agree with Jumper! The only way we're going to catch these A-holes is if we sit and wait for the fockers!!! It shouldnt be to hard!! Pick the hotel were most of the stuff is getting ripped off, better yet have 5 guys at all the big sledder hotels down there with a nice truck/trailer and sit and wait!! I find it so dumb that we should have to sit up all night and watch our toys but if thats what it takes to stop this then i guess thats whats going to have to happen!
Lets say someone dose catch a bunch of guys workin over his truck and trailer? What happens next???
you know what? why dont they just build like fenced in yards???? If you want out you go to the front desk?? Well i dont know if that would work because there were guys that stole a D8,D6 and a good sized excavator right out of my uncles equipment yard, not ever talking about all the fuel, and pick-up they stole!!

well any way!

(STEALING NEVER PAYS, SOONER OR LATER SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET CAUGHT)

Last edited:
S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
So it sounds like the thieves just got away with a 150-200k haul. I don't know what it's gonna take for the cops to do something about this ongoing problem. I don't see it being much longer before the culprits start showing up badly hurt, maybe the cops will start watching out then to protect the thieves from the sledders :face-icon-small-sad It is really baffling as to where these unique sleds are going, it's not like you see ads for used stuff, so they must have a market for it. I'll certainly be watching out for this stuff :face-icon-small-fro

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
like a few people said here earlier look at the number of sleds that come through here and the number that get stolen . its a pretty safe ratio compared to most places . for a couple hundred dollars and a few dollars a month you can get a tracking system installed in a truck or trailer .that would be the easy solution for most people instead of trying to change the way a police force patrols a town .

S

Stubble Jumper1212

Jan 16, 2010
Red Deer
A tracking system is a great idea , but one has to get up every 1/2 hrs to see if your unit is still there for a tracking system to be effetive . Any thing more than a half hour the truck could be gone ,sleds unloaded and history. One way to stop your truck from going any where is putting a battery disconnect in and that solves all problems. Truck aint going any where as far as the trailer locks are only for the honest people if they want they are going to get it. So keep the trailer backed up tight to somthing so there is room to move it away from the truck. We have to stop these no good for nothing S.O.B one way ore anouther.

I have been thinking of switching my truck and trailer over to a air pindle hitch like on big trucks. That way they cannot get the trailer off the hitch with releasing the air. If they are good enough to figure out how to do it with making a bunch of noise they can have it.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Sorry for your loss Dean. Those were some rippin sleds.

I've said this before and i'll say this again.......it's not the cops fault that sleds, trucks and trailers are going missing. They do the best they can with what they've got. The Olympics are here so I would imagine the Revy detachment has lost a few members just like every police service across Canada. I'd be willing to bet they would be more than happy to set up a sting to catch these crooks. But when they have to do their regular duties and then would be expected to do a sting on overtime but yet not get paid for it........i wouldn't be working for free either.......would any of you???? Unfortunately budget restraints impact the police and how well they can investigate any crime just like budget restraints impact the rest of the world.

Next time you guys make a crack about cops being at the doughnut shop.....ask yourself what they might have just come from. Ask yourself if you would run into a house where some cracked out psyco just shot somebody and you're expected to stop him. Or how would you handle asking a teenager to share how they were just molested by their step father. Wouldn't you want a Timmy's after that for a little release??????

I'm not trying to take away from the point of this thread.......its chitty that everybodies property is going missing and yes something has to be done. But instead of complaining about what the cops are doing, lets work together with them to put an end to this.

Everyone should be doing everything they can to stop this from happening. But as said in earlier posts, the guys doing this are pros. They know exactly what they are doing.

Keep in mind, you have every right to protect yourself and your property by using as much force as necessary. If the crook is hurt by the time the cops show up.....maybe he slipped in the parking lot while trying to jack ur rig. Or if a**hole is hurt while ur holding him for the cops, so be it.......guess he shouldn't have tried takin ur stuff.

Rant over :face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-sho

Again, sorry to hear about the loss Dean.

W
Jan 4, 2009
One way sure to nab them is try a gps locator, at least worth a good shot. A guy was just nabbed with a $200,000. excavator nearby, actually using it in his backyard when the police drove in and grabbed it.Said he bought it from Johnny Crackhead for 20 grand...whatever, at least they got it.It would be a great way to catch the pricks, at least wake a few people up when it comes to this BS.
There is also a small alarm system, works with a mercury switch and can be hidden many places, again, if you're around, might save your day , that way you get to bootf--k the guy before the police arrive.

M

MDS

Nov 13, 2009
MDS

2008 1 pick-up 4 sleds enclosed trailer sicy . RMPC joke ! truck found in kelonna 2 days later wasn't contacted till 3 weeks later truck thrashed basiclly junk no sleds or trailer. We went there 7 or 8 years in a row then it happened. NEVER going back best thought to this day don't go revy or sicy till towns address this MAJOR problem.Don't get me wrong great people up there , but till it kills their revenue nothig gonna happen.Sorry for your loss & I'm sure you won't be the last.And I stil wake up some nights & I still pissed off.

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
WOW THAT SUCKS KEEP OUR EYES OUT DOWN HEAR THOSE SLEDS ARE ONE OFFS NOT MANY AROUND BEST OF LUCK!!!! HOPE THEY FIND THE WORTHLESS THIEVING A@$HOLES!!!!!!!!!

H

hosman_007

Dec 12, 2007
Fort St. John, BC
If you own a ford you better pull an ignition fuse at night, takes 5 mins to do. it takes 30 secs with only a slotted screwdriver to break in to the truck and start the engine and gone.......we had one stolen in Valemont 10 years ago this way........screwdriver was left on the seat...we got lucky and heard the truck fire up outside our hotel room at 4 am...they abandoned the truck on the highway. Sorry about your loss..

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
If I lived an hour from the sledding area, I think I would just drive home and put my stuff inside overnight, rather than leave it out and take the risk that some jerkoff rips it off for the sake of an hour's drive

M
Jan 28, 2010
sc_mbag ca thieves

I know how you feel, did 1200 miler everyone came back in one piece and no truck or trailer. same truck and triton trailer, even watched them steal it on the camera tapes. boys at home thought it was a big joke till the next year when they stole his brand new hummer. absolutely right, cops could give a shi_ should take a atruck with states plates, and set it up. you know the bastar__ cant resist, surprise when they open that trailer. If you want some info on gauranteeed security drop me a line. don't want to say online, you know what i mean. soory for your loss, we lost our ca. pardon and our passports. 570 656 1808

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Have any of you ever thought that there could be guys on snowest, snowandmud etc that read throught the threads and that just might find out where we're riding, what we're riding, and where we're go to stay?

Just a thought!!

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
Have any of you ever thought that there could be guys on snowest, snowandmud etc that read throught the threads and that just might find out where we're riding, what we're riding, and where we're go to stay?

Just a thought!!

You bet that goes on. I just wonder what happens to sleds like the ones just ripped off from Alpine, they are too obvious to be sold. I hear a few sleds getting built that end up with turbo 4 stroke motors in them, makes me wonder where the motors come from ???? It's not like you see many newer 4 strokes getting parted out, they usually end up getting modded. Motors have serial #'s

M
Jan 14, 2004
You bet that goes on. I just wonder what happens to sleds like the ones just ripped off from Alpine, they are too obvious to be sold. I hear a few sleds getting built that end up with turbo 4 stroke motors in them, makes me wonder where the motors come from ???? It's not like you see many newer 4 strokes getting parted out, they usually end up getting modded. Motors have serial #'s

Not to poach on Alpines thread but it's basically all the same problem. My engine numbers are as follows:

2008 Nytro engine Number: 0002501
2003 Rx1 Turbo engine number : 0001779

Here's my pics again. What are they going to do with these two sleds I'm mean really, I can see stealing stock XP's all day long but my sleds and Alpines I mean c'mon you'd have to be a moron to ride them anywhere in Canada or the northern US.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201248

M5

Last edited:
C
Dec 10, 2008
stolen sleds

I agree with you guys the rcmp boys should step up and do there job. The snowmobilers coming to you community gives it a boost in the economy but if it doesn't change it is going to drop big time. I was planning to go out there on march 4 week end not now. Those sleds are not vary far from town there is a chop shop close I think. I cannot believe that the community does not want to rectify this problem. Your city is a destination that is off the map for me this winter and I am sure I am not the only one.

Premium Features