• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Girl Days"

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I thought I'd start a thread about those dreaded "girl days" when you can't seem to get your helmet on straight, much less climb a technical line. Let's hear them ladies!

This is my all time best, I think...
:rolleyes:

Buddy calls me at 8:30pm to see if I can go ride the next day. I am not prepared. I thrash to get my gear together, get up early to load my sled in the back of my truck and get moving. I have to premix my race fuel, regular fuel and oil. I had one of my 5 gallon jugs 1/2 full, so I poured that in before I left the house. When I did so, I forgot to put my gas cap back on! :eek:

Get on the road, stop for more gas and was dazed and confused (running late and I hate having people wait on me) so I took a left instead of a right. Now I'm running 30 minutes late instead of 10 minutes. UHHHHHHHG

Turn around, get heading the right way....

Driving up the dirt road, about 2 miles from where we park I hit a big pot hole and look back to see my sled coming out of the back of my truck! In my haste to get out of the driveway, I forgot to tie my sled down! Luckily I stopped and the skiis were still on the tail gate. But I'm standing in the middle of the road scratching my head trying to figure out how to get my sled back into my truck. I don't have a ramp. No one behind me, which really.... thank god (embarrassing). So, I look, the track is on the ground and not hitting the tail gait. HMMMM I tie the skiis off to the truck and proceed to drag the sled the rest of the way up w/ just about 6" of the track running on the ground! When I got to the parking place Buddy turns around and the look on his face was total HOLY CHIT! He screams "Your sled is coming out of your truck!" I laughed, got out and told him what happened, he about fell over.

So, we then make me a makeshift gas cap consisting of a blue rubber glove, zip ties and duct tape. It held all day, but I didn't ever roll to put it to a true test.

Now, Buddy is beyond ready to go, pacing, I'm struggling to get my gear on, get my lunch packed, chicken w/ it's head chopped off kind of thing. I put my extra gas can on my sled, grabbed my helmet, started my sled and took off. Hmmm, seems I forgot to TIE IT DOWN! HAHAHAHHAHAHA The thing that irks me, is someone found it and took it. This is about $30 in fuel/oil..... not nice, but that is what I get I guess. :confused:

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
CG how was your ride that day though? I'm sure the excitement of it all more than made up for the lost gas jug? :p

Great story! Don't know that I have anything like that -I'll have to think a bit and see what I can come up with...... lol!

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Oh my gosh that is a hilarious story! Thanks for sharing, I needed that.

Oh man I that's hilarious, that's a goody!

No no no ladies! While I don't mind you getting a giggle at my expense... that wasn't the SOLE intention of starting this! You gotta share... ;) :p

ak, it continued up on the hill. I remember going over the handlebars a few times and getting stuck at the top of a climb, in a cornice, that was just plain dumb........... lol

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
smilies_5.gif

Sorry. I wish you had some pictures. That was a great story. Unfortunately I have nothing to share right now.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
this is a guy's response.. Janet has those days where she can't get out of the parking lot without getting stuck (to be fair I ride with guys that are the same way.. personally I never have those days, I just go full speed into the largest tree.. but that is another story)

When my lovely and talented wife is having a "girl day" and can't pilot a Yamaha Bravo let alone her 800 XP Hillclimb, I, being the considerate, loving husband, offer words of encouragement, such as:

1) Why don't you STAY ON THE TRAIL Like THe Rest of the W O M E N!!!
2) Go SIT IN THE CABIN like the rest of the women
3) I TOLD YOU there was a TWO FEET DUMP of Powder and it was going to be a GUY DAY!!! and you should have stayed home, like the rest of the women
4) You are stuck...AGAIN!! (like the rest of the women..Note here, Guys never get stuck, unless they are riding a Cat, but then that is another story)

These kind and considerate encouraging words usually result in a positive statement from Janet that starts off with F____ and ends with YOU!!!!

The conversation home is usually one sided as Janet has already figured out the errors in her riding that day and does not want constructive feedback on her style of riding. On these special days, I usually top the day off enjoying cold cereal for dinner and explaining "I really do like sleeping on the couch, really... honest" :D

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
LOL Maybe I should try those lines ( 1 through 3) on the guys that I end up digging out on those days.

I have plenty of those girl moments! Most embarrassing would be when I was in the parking lot and reving my sled but it wasnt going - just lots of smoke coming out under the hood. I kept revving thinking it would engage while my husband was yelling at me to unleash the parking brake but I couldnt hear him of course and then some guy parked across the way from us came over and unleashed it for me. Smoked a belt.

Second thing that happed moments after that incident, I rode my sled up on to the embankment, stopped and then me and my sled tumbled over sidways (I didnt notice the drop off on the other side). And this all happened right in front of the Stuthers crew. I was so friken embarrassed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
Last winter I was sitting at the top of a steep drop off watching my son, husband and numerous riders we had ran into going down and climbing out of the hole. We got ready to go and two of the husbands got on their wives sleds to turn them around and my husband asked me if I wanted him to turn mine around. I said NO and rolled my eyes at him. I stood on the side, grabbed the mountain bar and leaned so far back that my hands slipped off and I fell in the snow! I jumped up and tried to chase my sled as it went in what seemed to me in slow motion over the edge and started down. I leaped for the kill switch and fell on my face. I just stood there with my hands on the top of my head waiting for it to crash into the big trees at the bottom. Somehow and I still don't know how I got so lucky, my ski hit a small tree, spun the sled sideways and stopped it right before the big trees leaving it undamaged! My son rode with someone else down and rode it out. The guys all said, next time are you going to let Jerry turn it around for you and I said NO! They all still give me a bad time about my ghost ride.

M
Nov 15, 2009
Twin Lakes, Idaho
Too funny! Girl days are going to happen...even to the guys. It just goes with sledding. I've had days where I stick it just getting off trail but the one that I laugh about the most (now anyway) was a trip to McCall. Hubby and I were enjoying some great power riding back in the mountains. We're heading up a nice hill and I bury it. That sled is going nowhere! Hubby digs and digs and digs some more. My job during all this is to start the machine and give it a rap or two to get it going and of course it's not...until hubby discovers I put the e-brake on. Yeah...totally a girl day!:eek:

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
Too funny! Girl days are going to happen...even to the guys. It just goes with sledding. I've had days where I stick it just getting off trail but the one that I laugh about the most (now anyway) was a trip to McCall. Hubby and I were enjoying some great power riding back in the mountains. We're heading up a nice hill and I bury it. That sled is going nowhere! Hubby digs and digs and digs some more. My job during all this is to start the machine and give it a rap or two to get it going and of course it's not...until hubby discovers I put the e-brake on. Yeah...totally a girl day!:eek:

Or trying like hell to start it and either the key is still off and the kill switch is down!

S

sledpiggy

Feb 1, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I have had my moments... :rolleyes:

1. A couple of years ago I drank my face off Friday night (I am not a drinker) I was so hung over the next day I just about puked in my friends truck (a couple of times)... then I rolled my sled in the parking lot. To make the day even worse I sunk my sled when I was water skipping, got soaked getting it out and had my buddy work on it so it would start again... doh! I now have a 1 beer limit the night before riding.. LMAO!

2. Trying to load my sled in our bubble trailer, after 3 or 4 fails I finally got 1/2 way up the ramp... i figured I would just rip on it until it started moving, well it ripped off a couple of bars off the ramp. Meanwhile I can't hear the screaming and yelling from the hubby to stop... DOH!! :eek:

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
And get a "Put your big girl panties on and ride!" :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :beer;

I have told MANY men this when they start to whine. Most would laugh some really got buTT hurt!!!

Also the "oh (so n so's) dress is tore, P.......y is sore, and can't ride a snowmobile no more" This one I would get some great reactions with ;)

I have had many "girl" days and I honestly can't remember a story at this time, but know that I have shed some tears, and have seriously melted out on the snow.

Premium Features