• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ladies help me pick a new sled!

S
Dec 5, 2007
Sold the MTX Nitro and I am not sure what to purchase. I have ridden skidoo in the past but am not sure what to purchase this time around.

Looking for some input to sway my decision.

I liked the power of the 4stroke, electric start and no 2-stroke oil but the sled was a bit heavy.

The skidoo 800's look ok but the reports that they are difficult to side hill has me a little nervous.

I like the M8 153 cats but would like some feedback from ladies who ride them.

Looked at the polaris but the fit and finish turn me off a little (its a girl thing I know:p) so let me know how they ride.

Thanks again!!!wishing for snow!

G
Jan 20, 2009
I ride a M7 153 and its the best sled i've ever ridden. Its super easy to handle and you can still turn the 153 without falling off. My mom, younger sister, and me all have M7s and we all love them. You might want to spend some time on them if you decide to get one though. They handle a bit differently then other sleds but after you get used to it its great.

S
Feb 25, 2009
Prince George, B.C.
Last 2 seasons I have been riding an 08' M6 153, but my hubby has an 08' M8 that I get to ride on occasion ( I wished I would have bought the M8 in 08!!) Well, this season I'll be riding the M8 as my hubby is upgrading to the 2010 M8 Snopro 162....

The M-series sleds handle awesome. You won't be disappointed. I would go with the M8 right off the start, you will have enough power to get you out of most situations and the track is awesome for hillclimbing, sidehilling, boondocking, and even trail riding (did I say that??) Yes, there are times when we take easy family rides to the lakes, etc!!

Good luck on finding your perfect sled. I can guarantee that you will love an M....they are tried and true and I believe they are the easiest to handle out of the other brands. I could be a bit biased but what the heck??:):):)

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
That’s What I ride and I LOVE THE SLED.... BEST MOST RELIABLE SLED I HAVE EVER HAD..IT’S THE best sled for boonedocking type riding, The M8 is fun for high marking but all I can say these m's are awesome, Buy The 2010 sounds like a wicked sled from the reading up I’ve done on it, I think is it worth the extra money??

If you get one you'll love it so much you'll never want another sled... :face-icon-small-hap

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Don't worry about the sidehill problem on Skidoos. I've heard they need more rider input than any other sled, there's not many women that ride them. But I won't buy anything else. I cut off my sway bar and put on fox floats and it sidehills just fine. Stock setup it's not as easy, but I have an 07 and the newer ones have different supsensions. We also have an 06 800 and it sidehills easily too, same suspension setup. The Rev is an awesome sled. I wouldn't buy anything else. I love my sled, it handles great. On the trail it's not quite as great, but still fine. That's mostly because I like my shocks pretty stiff for jumping and have powder pros. With stock it handled fine on trails.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
since she wont post the update, i will for her. i am buny's hubby. sorry for the intrusion in the "ladies room", i am glad you guys have this forum for your support, i have saw it work well on other motorsports forums. good on snowest for making this a reality for the ladies.

lynne decided the 09 was a better fit for her, than the 08. having to update the 08 to the 09-10 tunnel, seat ect... would have put us at the same price point as the newer year sled. so i gave up the 09 m8 snopro 153 (only one left in michigan) that i found for myself, we picked it up last saturday.

i had the dealer try to find another one for me. he did find one in a neighboring state, we go pick that one up for me next weekend.

i am a firm believer in put your spouse on the same or better equipement, if you want them to enjoy the sport as much as you. it is a huge bonus for you too. if you put them out there with old handmedown gear and sleds, and not pay attention to them, they will not be your best riding partner.

i happen to love having my wife (and best friend) there at every good, bad and ugly trip. would much rather wake up with her in my hotel room in the am after a long days ride, than to wake up with any of my other buddies. LOL!

thanks to all of the ladies for their honest posts and recomendations. you girls rock!

maybe we will see you guys out west at one of the "ladies rides" this season. would love a week in the west yellowstone area. but, we are leaning toward the revy girls ride heavily. ski

ski

Premium Features