• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 yz450f lithium battery

Y
Nov 26, 2007
rumours have it lithium battery may not work in cold and may harm ecu. Rumour or fact

Anyone who ran the stock lithium in there 18 f or fix have any input

Is 19 any different than 19?

Thanks in advance

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
I have an 18 F and after one trip it went in a box and bought an antigravity battery big as i could fit. First trip had booster pack and setup booster plug wired on bike but was a pain in ass. Was minor trimming to fit antigravity.
No issues having to boost since.. i believe 19 has some type of of upgraded starter but i still wouldnt trust that little battery.

Unable to upload pic .

Last edited:
C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
I had nothing but bad luck with my antigravity battery. from not starting in -25 to dying on the trail when I ran headlight AND handwarmers (prob need a bigger stator). I went with a yuasa lead battery and seems to work a lot better. weighs 1lb more but when theres 60lbs of snow and ice packed in every nook and cranny on the bike, youll never notice.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
For cold ops use lead acid , they simply work much better in the cold.

Ask Rick they ave had lots of issues with the lithium ion in the cold.

If you get a 19 I may have to upgrade as well just to keep up:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:
B
An Antigravity rep had chimed in on the Beta-users Forum on Thumpertalk and had even come out and said that he/the company does not recommend LiIon for temps under 40-F, which is already considered cold-ha!

He recommended cold weather riders/snowbikers stick to either AGM or Lead Acid.

We tried a LiIon last season and it blew-chow all winter long.

I just got a new AGM for this upcoming winter as I had good luck with the AGM last winter. I still had to use the boost pack for the coldest of days but otherwise, in temps above 10-F it worked well.

I ran the stock battery all year with no issues. I would plug it in to the tender the night before a ride and it worked great even on the cold mornings. I have 80 hours on the bike now, still on the original battery.

My friends who do not use the tender got about 40 hours out of their batteries before they stopped working.

DanielMerrick

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2014
Northern Ontario Canada
Worth the upgrade

I had a failure on mine second ride last year. I was told by the dealer boosting or bump starting the bike when or if the battery is in safe/low power protection mode would result in damage to the battery. I ended up getting a standard battery for the winter months.

Beartoothclimb

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Hailey, ID
I had nothing but bad luck with my antigravity battery. from not starting in -25 to dying on the trail when I ran headlight AND handwarmers (prob need a bigger stator). I went with a yuasa lead battery and seems to work a lot better. weighs 1lb more but when theres 60lbs of snow and ice packed in every nook and cranny on the bike, youll never notice.

You got a model number for that yuasa?

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
4340c82e32e4270154d4352e0e1ad6d0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
Heck I might buy that battery just for the ease of attachment

I like the look of that Antigravity battery.....sometimes when you are connecting 2-3-4 wires to positive and negative terminals with traditional style battery connectors, it is a challenge..... this looks way more gooder in that regard.

T
Jan 19, 2008
Kootenays
I ran an 18F with the stock lithium for the last 1/3 of the season last year and had no issues whatsoever with the stock battery.
I also have had two 450fx (16 and 17) both of which I switched the stock Yuasa 7 (lead acid) to a WPS lithium battery and never had an issue with those either.

yalc

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2008
Did you have to modify the battery holder to get the ytz7s to fit?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Another option for ultimate starting ability is to just mount a large lead acid battery on the snowbike kit.
Extend the terminals.

That way you can buy a cheap battery but have better starting than the $200.00 battery.

medicman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Spokane
I can say is I had nothing but problems with my lithium battery and once I went to lead acid had to jump the battery once or twice when it was super cold

Premium Features