• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Recommendations: New all purpose camera for HD video but also good for stills?

M

MNSnowCat

Apr 13, 2009
MN
Camera options?

We were just visiting a friend that had recently returned from a trip to Africa. His little Sony camera does both stills and vids and I was amazed at how good both turned out. The camera does panoramic pics, too, and some of the shots he got were incredible.

We were told that the camera was $400+ but, I'd seriously consider looking into buying one. It would beat having to take both a video camera and digital camera out, especially since I get stuck with the larger video camera around my neck all the time, while the better half gets the small digital. :face-icon-small-ton

S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
The Sony NEX series is awesome. I have the 5 and am more than happy with it. I got it for the HD video capabilities but im starting to learn about its camera features and its amazing.Paid around $550 for it. One thing I cant get over is the low light settings. This picture was taken on a less than half moon night,no flash at 10:30 pm last saturday.
nightshot_zps6f277de5.jpg

Premium Features