• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

my nitro build

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
well its all done finally took awhile but iam a little slow well at least that's what my friends tell me:rolleyes:.it turned out better than i expected it too ran it through its break in had a few little issues but all is good now. not much of a ride on it yet just short burst but it is wow throttle response is insane quick.
sponseredbybll.jpg

T-nytro008.jpg

T-nytro007.jpg

T-nytro006.jpg

T-nytro005.jpg

T-nytro004.jpg

T-nytro003.jpg

T-nytro002.jpg

T-nytro001.jpg

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
gorgeous sled iamvector!! But, looking over the sled and then you come to the pic with the exhaust and it just sticks out like a sore thumb. dont' know if you could trim it down a little bit flush with the platics?? Looks great though.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
When I saw the side pipe I thought it was a joke??? Sled looks great but what is the advantage of this great lookin side pipe??:eek:
You wouldn't understand until you rode something with big power. If you don't think a tunnel dump pipe is restrictive then your kidding yourself. he was thinking of accenting the good looking sidepipe by mounting his shovel in the middle of his tunnel and then sticking his air intake 2 ft in the air. lol:eek:;)

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
Sled looks great the side pipe ??? I understand the mechanics behind a dump pipe we use the in cars all the time realy helps with throttle response and power but I dont think I could deal with the noise.

Your neighbors gota love you:beer;

Nice job :D

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
ha ha thanks guys iam shocked at how big a diff the side pipe made, iam going to run it that way for this year & see how i like it so far i dont find it that loud .its not quiet by any means but nothing like a apex strait pipe or even allot of piped 2strokes i didnt need ear plugs for short rides for all day you would.it has a really deep rumble not that ear piercing scream like a turbo 2 stroke i will gets some vids, its definitely not for everybody but i wanted to get all the power this sled makes why waste the power by dumping it in the snow. it is not as loud as some of the mcx rx1s or apexs i have rode with they basically do the same thing just hidden better.:beer;:D

Last edited:

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
You wouldn't understand until you rode something with big power. If you don't think a tunnel dump pipe is restrictive then your kidding yourself. he was thinking of accenting the good looking sidepipe by mounting his shovel in the middle of his tunnel and then sticking his air intake 2 ft in the air. lol:eek:;)

Ok Ok....next time Is see you on the hill I'm gonna have to ride your big powered sled

Last edited:
S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
just wondering whats going on with this sled is it finished hows it running etc haven't heard anything vec used to be good with the reports.

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Exhaust tip

Love the sled, heres a idea for you maybe. I would cut the exhaust pipe off almost at the turbo, then weld on a chrome tip, you can buy them cheap at places like canadian tire. I did this on an apex i had, looked sweet. IMO only. The sled is sick! nice work.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
My favorite thing about the straight side dump is passing someone on that side when racing. Not only will you beat them but you can make their ears ring for a half hour. If you are going to race someone you don't like make sure you set them up on your left side...

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Looks great Vector, the side pipe looks good in the finished pics but at first I thought it would need a muff pot to finish it off.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Looks great Vector, I like the buddy lites holder too!

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
All this talk about how loud the exhaust is!!!! I had the chance to ride Val Simmons Propane TNytro with the exhaust out the right side recently. Very similar to this sled. Val put it there to decrease the tunnel dump restriction. Yep, he said it makes a BIG difference. It is much quieter than a TM8 with a side exit muffler. I don't think people realize how much a turbo takes the "bark" out of the exhaust note on a 4 stroke.

Anyway, not bashing. Just my 02.

Also, GREAT looking build. I bet she's a fun ride.

Sam

Last edited:

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
All this talk about how loud the exhaust is!!!! I had the chance to ride Val Simmons Propane TNytro with the exhaust out the right side recently. Very similar to this sled. Val put it there to decrease the tunnel dump restriction. Yep, he said it makes a BIG difference. It is much quieter than a TM8 with a side exit muffler. I don't think people realize how much a turbo takes the "bark" out of the exhaust note on a 4 stroke.

Anyway, not bashing. Just my 02.

Also, GREAT looking build. I bet she's a fun ride.

Sam

The propane nytro has packing in the exhaust. Friend of mine took it out and said its way loud now and has to were ear plugs (I ride with him and its way louder now). He's thinking of trying to put a tunnel dump on it because he has his pants all burned up also.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
sorry guys havnt been here much lately the snow here has sucked bad this year have had it out a bunch of times.had to sort through some cooling probs but all good now other than a bad a/f sensor now:(the sled rips it is the fastest sled i have been on for sure have only had it to 14lbs so far due to bad snow but you goin to need some big hills for 18lbs:eek: as for the exaust its not bad need ear plugs for a long day for sure but its not as bad as some 2strokes i have been around.i have a little go pro vid i will post when i get a chance

nytro wheeli.jpg

Premium Features