• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need WARM womens gloves

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Looking for a really warm womens glove. My wife has a terrible time with the cold. I have here set up with warm boots, bibs and coat. I even went as far as a full face helmet. But I can't find a good pair of gloves. Her hand measures 7" in circumference. (Klim sizing) Do any of you have some suggestions of what works. To be honest mittens work the best. (except the thumbs). But looking for something that will really work. I would like to keep the price under $150 if possible. Seams the only thing I can find is a kids glove or ski gloves and they aren't warm enough.

Thanks in advance.

Thunder

Dec 30, 2008
Ramsey, MN
I wear leather gloves - they are thick on the back of my hands/fingers and thinner on the grip side, blocks the wind/cold, but gives me plenty of control and I've yet to have cold hands riding... but then again I have heated grips (keep on low at the most) and thumb warmer (rarely use), might look at investing in those :) these came stock on my sled

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
I wear the Storm Glove From True Adventure Gear.

I wear these gloves as I head up the trail before we take off into the trees and at the end of the day. I don't care for thick gloves, and these I considered them a mid-weight glove that's waterproof/breathable.

I have heard of gloves out there that have a pocket for the warmers, and those can last up to 6 hours. Something that you'll might want to look into.

It's no fun when your hands are cold!

M
Nov 27, 2007
Idaho
I have seen the ones with the pockets. If I am not mistaken they were Dakine. We have a sports store in Logan, UT called Al's Sporting Good that was having a 70% off. They also had a thin glove that could be worn with/without the outer thicker one. They cost about $20 with the discount.
I can't give you much more advice than that.
Good Luck

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Try Cabela's pinnacle gloves. They make them in womens sizes as well as mens. My wife also has very small hands and the first pair she ordered were actually too small! They are a very warm and waterproof glove. They are also very tough and hold up well. Alot of guys in my area use them both for work and play. I live in them. They look big and bulky, but most of the bulk is on the outside of the hand where you actually need it. They are lightly insulated on the inside leaving you with a pretty good feel on the bars.

D

DLUX

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie
i just bought my wife a pair of the Klim togwotee gloves in size small i sure hope there warm i know i love mine.

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
I have seen the ones with the pockets. If I am not mistaken they were Dakine. We have a sports store in Logan, UT called Al's Sporting Good that was having a 70% off. They also had a thin glove that could be worn with/without the outer thicker one. They cost about $20 with the discount.
I can't give you much more advice than that.
Good Luck

They are Dakine. I have a pair although I've never needed to use the pockets for hand warmers as they keep my hands warm. They also have a squeegee thingee in the thumb to wipe your goggles or face shield off. I got mine in a ski shop.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Thanks for the reply's, I will followup on them. I just purchased the Klim Togowtee for myself. I was wondering it they have enough insulation or not. They feel thin but with good insulation it doesn't take a lot of bulk to keep you warm.

Her sled has hand and thumb warmers now. And they work very well.

She has raynaud's so it is the temperature change that causes the blood flow to be restricted in her hands and feet that get her. If I can keep her body from noticing the temperature change we have it whipped.

Thanks again.

Thunder

S
Nov 26, 2007
ND
Just want to give you a tip that if any gloves doesnt help keep hands warm, put hands under exhaust during break of riding and it will get your hands warm faster as long as anyone doesnt mind smelling 2 strokes on hands. :D

S

sled*dunk

Dec 3, 2007
Rock Springs, WY
I have the True North Storm Glove, they are great. In fact I had to get some lighter gloves for (the few and far between) warmer days because my hands got too warm.

T
Dec 20, 2008
Radium, BC
I have a heck of a time finding small enough gloves! Currently have ski doo XS gortex gloves for the trail in/out...still get cold fingies in -25C weather with heated grips on the long trails, but otherwise good. Too hot for aggressive riding days. True North Storm gloves in XXS for the less cold weather and for most riding but they are actually too big now once they stretched out. Definitely mitts if you can find some that work for you, leather seems to be a good option for cold we have some in our group that swear by them for the cold weather riding.

M
Aug 29, 2005
Arvada, Colorado
I guess the question really is, what is her ridin style? Does she ride mostly trails?? or a combination of boondocking??

I have found that mittens do NOT work boondocking. What I switched to were thinner gloves, made by RUOutside. But, I layer them. So if the weather warms up, or if we need to hit the trails for awhile, I can add a larger size on top. But it gives me the mobility to move my fingers, and thumbs, and keep with the guys without my hands getting in my way.

I also have found something called "sport" gloves at the chain sports stores that are thin, wick water away, and make a great liner under all my gloves.

I do carry with me a pair of leather mittens I got from a ski shop that if we are again, on trails or if we stop for awhile, having those available work well as I can put some hand warmers in them.

I don't think you will find one solution that will work for all circumstances, that is why I switched to layers, and keep the leather mittens in my sled. Hope this helps!

T
Dec 20, 2008
Radium, BC
Agree! Mittens are very bad for anything but a cold trail or when you're sitting.
I have a thin pair of gloves for riding too and a pair of nylon liner gloves that go in any of my gloves. But also find that I need a few options depending on the riding/conditions. Breathability and waterproof'ness' is very important. The waterproof layer = windproof too.

I also have found that with my warmers, the thinner gloves are sometimes better as the heat gets through to my hands...as long as the windproof/waterproofness is there!

HMK makes a nice glove that comes with a removeable nylon glove liner. Hubby has them, although he never wears the liner. They're quite a nice glove. Layering is definitely the way to go for warmth.

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
I don't know what her riding style is like, but I have gone rounds with gloves....I can never find a pair that fit. But we did find some great ones, they are Joe Rocket..and I don't know the style or anything but they fit great and my hands stay warm in them.
A couple things to do though...have her take several pair. Switch out often...as soon as they get moisture, they get cold....I'm personally not a fan of the mx style gloves...cause you have to switch them out so much so I stick with waterproof gloves.
I usually have bigger gloves for cold days...if it's just for a while to switch to warm poofy gloves...it's worth it!
Those little liner gloves sometimes help, if she can get them to fit....wear em under the gloves at times. Again, keep her hands dry.

Warming them on the exhaust, a little trick Scotty taught me...and it's awesome!! We have the kids do it to, because they are smaller and don't complain til their fingers are frozen solid! lol

And get her little hotties too! Those are so nice to have...once you get cold it's hard to warm back up. They help!

S
Dec 5, 2007
Raynauds is tough....I have it too. I wear the klim togwotee gloves for trail riding with gauntlets if the temp is really low, then change them when we are playing to a lighter weight glove. I do not seem to have much trouble off trail, its getting to our play places.

Gauntlets will help especially on the trails, they are a pain when boondocking though but cut the wind and keep hands warm.

You can try these http://www.gerbing.com/Products/gloves.html

My girlfriend swears by them. They are not cheap but they work really well. The down side is you are attached to the sled and they can again be cumbersome when off trail.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
My wife wears klim klimate gloves very warm and put some handguards on her sled to stop the wind...skinz makes some good ones

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
Arctic Cat Interchanger Gloves
Keep your hands warm and dry in the 2010 Arctic Cat Interchanger Glove! This glove from Arctic Cat is made of water-resistant nylon fabric and features a removable poly-fleece liner for added warmth.

This glove comes in black with white detailing. The Arctic Cat Logo and Running Cat Logo are featured on the top of the glove. The palm side of the glove is covered with Grade A leather. The Arctic Cat Interchanger Glove is easy to get on and off, yet keeps the snow out because of it's elastic wide barrel and high-cuff design.

The shell of this glove from Arctic Cat is made of 100% Nylon and a leather palm. The inner lining is extremely soft and is made out of 100% brushed polyester. The removable liner glove is also made of 100% polyester fleece. This glove features 150 grams of Thinsulate Insulation for added warmth without extra bulk.

Take a look at Arctic Cat Sizing Information by clicking here.

Please call the friendly staff at FunOutfitters.com on (866) 531-0123 if you have any questions on any Arctic Cat, Klim or HMK clothing item.

I have never been cold with theses gloves...

M
Aug 29, 2005
Arvada, Colorado
Another thought is to make sure she has a large box of those handwarmer things you put in your gloves. Most peoples hands get cold when you stop, not from riding so much. That way she can always have those to stick inside whatever you decide to get her!

Premium Features