• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another Anti OHV Website

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Im taking a class that cover propaganda right now and its scary how many prop. tactics they use and how effective they are at using them in that video.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
wow...

A pair of hiking boots is all that is required to access our public lands. Compared to the cost of a snowmobile or an ATV which can run into the thousands of dollars, not to mention the big trucks and trailers to haul them, hiking shoes, snowshoes or skis are a relatively inexpensive cost of admission.

So, living in America should constitute someone telling me what kinda activities i can enjoy or partake in? tell me what kinda shoes and boots, or skis i should be wearing?
tells me how i should live my life?

Trying to explain that "thrill crafters" are not avg Americans, due to the cost for the toys, trailers, tow rigs, etc...
While they, live in 1M $ + homes...hmm...

What a stupid, ill-logical, bull$hit way to look at things.

Because I prioritize and prefer to spend my $ in a way to try to enjoy my life, instead of constantly spending $ on ways to ruin others lives...I'm wrong... Good game.

And go figure, the address points to California..who'da thunk.

I need to stop reading that pos site, but just saw this..

...one does not automatically have a right to infringe on the enjoyment and intrude upon the solitude of the vast majority of public lands users who seek quiet relaxing experience in natural landscapes.

So...its fine for this 'group' to enjoy themselves in their way, but no one else to enjoy themselves in any other way... Yeah... Who's infringing who's so called "rights" then?

I personally find solitude and a relaxing experience in natural landscapes as well, while I'm out riding...just not on a couple planks strapped to my feet.

Last edited:
M

mtn_rider08

Dec 17, 2007
Prineville, OR
:rolleyes:

everyone on snowest should write them a well thought out email disproving all of their 'myths'.:rolleyes: they must be stopped!

sadly, most of the people who havn't decided on their opinion yet will take the side of these nutcases just becasue of the way the information was presented.

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Hi - My name is Dave, and I am a Thrillcraft addict :D

What a bunch of pea brained idiots. I did see lots of fun toys though!

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
holy crap! Thanks for posting this chad!!! Did you by chance catch the bill that schwartzanegger (or however the hell you spell it) signed or was looking to sign that had to do with public land???

So shouldnt we stop building houses, cites, anykind of man made structure on our precious land then???

These freaks need to be stopped!!!!!

Im ok with using our land but not desroying it obviously but dam! they make it sound like were a bunch of rapists and murderers!

Last edited:
D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
How about taking a page out of the terrorist notebook. Infiltrate their organization, rise to the top, get elected president, and then run the organization into the ground. You could spend the groups money on snowmobiles, sand rails, anything fun. Maybe hookers and beer. The question is can anyone stay under cover long enough to not punch some eco-idiot out?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I like how they say that "it's a culture that promotes disregard for others." I don't know about you guys, but I have met some of the most straight up, selfless people ever through my enthusiasm for cars, trucks, motorcycles and sleds.

I've only been sledding for 3 years, but in that time I have gone to find keys when a fellow sledder locked his in the truck....I and 4 other sledders got completely soaked helping push a snowboarder's truck out of a ditch....given directions and rides to ski tourers....helped strangers when stuck or broken down...and just as many stories where others helped me.

My sled and dirtbike are in the garage right next to my mountain bike and snowboard, and I can say, without a shred of apprehension, that I have NEVER, EVER been treated as well by other's in those 2 disciplines as in my motorized hobbies.

At the end of the day....they can shut down all the land in the world and I'm still gonna ride somewhere. So if you want my "thrillcraft" to dissappear....come get em.....

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Y'know what the worst part is? Guys like us keep the places that these dough heads like to visit running. You can't run a town selling only hiking boots and cross country skiis. The very money we spend on big-ticket motorized items and associated paraphenelia, also pays big-ticket tax. You gotta buy a lot of tilly hats to pay the amount of tax one sled or dirtbike will produce. And all the gas we burn up pays the government enough that they can think up cute little "feel good" environmental programs for these hypocrites.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
*****craft

I wrote em email.

I am a backpacker/hiker by summer and snowmobiler by winter and I've come to learn that people like you just don't want to share PUBLIC LAND. These things you want to completely ban are many peoples ways of having family fun. Not everyone likes to hike, ski whatever and your basically forcing them to do just that if they want to see the great outdoors.
Your facts are completely wrong to emphasis YOUR point so way to LIE to get your way....and not wanting to SHARE public land....hmmm you don't happen to be 12 years old?

The rest of you greenies need to look into the mirror and see someone trying to take away your rights to have some fun. Didn't they try to do that in the 60's and all you old hippies protested against it, well I guess motorized useres are the new hippies tryin to have fun and they'll fight for their rights too.
Have a good day and I hope I at least made you think about it.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
How is this any different that racism against Blacks, Mexicans, Canadians, Americans, etc? This is total BS. There is no difference in that enviros want to control OHV users.

I started this post before I looked at their website but now that I have looked at it I think I'm going to...... I better stop right there before I get in trouble. :mad::mad:

Did anyone read about the Thrill craft Culture? Talk about stereotypism and racial profiling. I thought we can't do that and be politically correct?

Oh this kills me about PUBLIC lands

"Violation of Rights of Other Public Lands Users

A peaceful walk in the woods is violated by the noise from thrillcraft."

ITS PUBLIC LAND NOT PRIVATE LAND!!!! ANYONE BELONGING TO THE PUBLIC CAN USE IT!!!!!

OK thats it, what is the loudest thing that I can take hiking on some dumbass trail to make as much noise as I can to piss these enviros off.

I got to stop my rant

see ya. :mad::mad:

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

C

CascadeXP

Nov 29, 2007
Maple Valley, Washington
Don't fall into using their BS term "Thrillcraft". Make them fight us one quad, dirtbike, snowmobile, boat, boot, etc., etc., at a time.

I emailed them just to tell them what a load of horsepucky they were full of!

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Ok I found a great contradictory statement writen by them.
So in one section it talks about the "RIGHTS" on public lands,

"Violation of Rights of Other Public Lands Users"

Then it says no one has rights on public lands.

"No one has a “right” to use anything."

So which is it?

Premium Features