• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Home based business?

D
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
How many out there work from home? Whats a good business to get into if one wanted to work from home? You hear all the time about the "home businesses" and I have always been hesitant to look into them much but am getting sick and tired of working for someone that treats their employees like azz and doesnt pay what they are worth. If anyone has suggestions lets hear them.

J
Apr 11, 2008
North Bend , WA
I've heard people who grow weed in their house can make tons of money!!
To bad they couldn't take any to jail with them!!:eek::D
How many out there work from home? Whats a good business to get into if one wanted to work from home? You hear all the time about the "home businesses" and I have always been hesitant to look into them much but am getting sick and tired of working for someone that treats their employees like azz and doesnt pay what they are worth. If anyone has suggestions lets hear them.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
My wife and I run an in-home daycare in our home. I do the cooking, cleaning, and business/paperwork, yard work, etc, she watches the kids. Its going pretty good, we make over $50k and can be with our kids. I am looking for another side business to start up so this thread will be interesting.

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
I have always made money with Home Based Business....it all depends what turns your crank...

the ones that offer products or services that people need or want is the key. certain trends are key and marketabilty

Fortune magazine just did an article on one of mine

the key is to have mutiple streams from multiple sources ...I do however suggest that you never do more than 3

most people can hardly do one...if you get proefficient you can run 1 or more ...remember HBB is a 100% people gig.

my biggest company group was around 146,000 people from 40 countries that one was Ecomerce when Ecomerce wasn't really mainstream..Internet Websites etc
I have 2 going right now ...my main deal I have a little over 66,000 people mostly Europe, this one I am building for my retirement...very marketable and the world demands it
my other one I have aprox 1200 ...80% European again...the other 20% Can/US
it is your health and nutrition gig....I have seen them all and sampled the key here is 100% product ...many people will just purchase product....whether they ever build a business is another thing but like me and my wife ....she won't be getting off the product ..ever.

I guess the big three trends are

Heath and Wellness
Environment
Internet based

catch one of those three

pm me if want

good luck

Last edited:

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
1) Do what you love.
2) Be 100% committed
3) Know there is no easy path
4) Work harder than the next guy
5) Run away from any one telling you how to build wealth (ie, informercials)
6) Consider the barrier of entry (ie, if anyone can start the same biz by writing a check, look elsewhere)
7) Don't invest 1 cent in any get rich quick, do what I do, business in a box, work 3 days a month, retire at 30....programs

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
1) Do what you love.
2) Be 100% committed
3) Know there is no easy path
4) Work harder than the next guy
5) Run away from any one telling you how to build wealth (ie, informercials)
6) Consider the barrier of entry (ie, if anyone can start the same biz by writing a check, look elsewhere)
7) Don't invest 1 cent in any get rich quick, do what I do, business in a box, work 3 days a month, retire at 30....programs

X2 for that ....and prepare to work harder than you ever had before ,,,,get kicked in the face yada yada ...

money can't buy you love it'll just rent you some

B

bullfrog123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2008
Ashton, Idaho
What are your interests?
What are your $ requirments?
How much time do you want to spend on phones and tied to computers?

All factors that you should think about, along with the others listed above.

The wife and I run a truck/freight brokerage for the last 10 yrs. PITA at times, 8 phone #'s, 3 internet accts, and no paid vacations, sick leave, retirement, 401, insurance, etc. Lots of overhead to pay, depending upon what you are looking at. We do make fair $, but you have to be commited for the long haul in any hbb, it's a lot harder than the tv makes it out to be. On the plus side, we don't drive to work, pay daycare, etc. Hope this helps answer a couple ?'s, pm me if you want more details.

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
I did it full time for over 7 years when things were really hoppin ..burnt out and went back to the J.O.B....thats just over broke by the way ....

now I am in the process of building my next big one ...

I used to sit on my boat and do 3 way calls to people 12 time zones away ....in the sun making 20K per week .....

unfortuately the company went under and I was left holdin the bag ..my new ones have brought me outa retirement and brought back the vigor ...

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
It really depends on your skill set. Do you have any trades, degrees, special skills? How good are your marketing skills? You might have the best product/service but if you can't sell it, it isn't worth anything.

YOU WILL FACE LONG DAYS. YOU CAN ONLY DEPEND ON YOURSELF. ONCE YOU START TO MAKE MONEY, EVERYONE WILL BE YOUR "FRIEND." BE CAREFUL.

Only God knows how but I ended up being a truck driving lawyer. lol. How's that for a mix. I run a small trucking outfit that's growing but I kept my day job too. It might take 18 hour days for a while b/c you need to work two jobs but you've got to keep the lights on. Know what I'm saying Vern? As the posters above said, there are no get rich quick schemes.

I like Sledskiing's idea. Internet **** is actually a booming business. I bet it would at least be a fun venture.

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
It really depends on your skill set. Do you have any trades, degrees, special skills? How good are your marketing skills? You might have the best product/service but if you can't sell it, it isn't worth anything.

YOU WILL FACE LONG DAYS. YOU CAN ONLY DEPEND ON YOURSELF. ONCE YOU START TO MAKE MONEY, EVERYONE WILL BE YOUR "FRIEND." BE CAREFUL.

Only God knows how but I ended up being a truck driving lawyer. lol. How's that for a mix. I run a small trucking outfit that's growing but I kept my day job too. It might take 18 hour days for a while b/c you need to work two jobs but you've got to keep the lights on. Know what I'm saying Vern? As the posters above said, there are no get rich quick schemes.

I like Sledskiing's idea. Internet **** is actually a booming business. I bet it would at least be a fun venture.

I think that you are my long lost brother .....too funny right to the Vern part LOL

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
Ha ha, I wondered how many people would understand where that came from.

Nice to see another fellow trucker here too.

cheers

IMG_0314.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0377.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0495.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
F
Feb 7, 2003
MN
Ha ha, I wondered how many people would understand where that came from.

Nice to see another fellow trucker here too.

i understood where vern came from. still love those movies!!!
the trucking industry is "interesting" these days. i work in transportation & have had many family members who have or still are drivers. i hope things change next year!!!

this is a good thread, i've considered starting my own business too. thanks for all the advice everyone!

Premium Features