• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ordering a 850 after years with Polaris

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
When you say you fell like a better rider on the G4 can you be more specific as to why that is NoSoup?

Just in general I use less energy over the course of the day on the 850, so with less fatigue I make fewer mistakes and can ride longer and have more fun. I also find I have more confidence on the 850. I really struggle with the Axys doing some maneuvers in set-up snow conditions. Sometimes on the Axys I feel like it's riding me instead of the other way around. I never feel like that on the 850.

Last edited:
F

fastrack0

Mar 28, 2014
Penticton, BC
Just in general I use less energy over the course of the day on the 850, so with less fatigue I make fewer mistakes and can ride longer and have more fun. I also find I have more confidence on the 850. I really struggle with the Axys doing some maneuvers in set-up snow conditions. Sometimes on the Axys I feel like it's riding me instead of the other way around. I never feel like that on the 850.

Exactly what it feels like for me ?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
I can promise you if I would of not deleted the tmotion and fixed the rear sag, the sled would be sold by now, not to mention the very poor stock clutching that came with it..

Need that stuff fixed up Dave.. But I bet in 19 it will still be the same

You will love the 175 and you won't need to do a thing to the skid, ride it stock and enjoy it!

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
I can promise you if I would of not deleted the tmotion and fixed the rear sag, the sled would be sold by now, not to mention the very poor stock clutching that came with it..

Need that stuff fixed up Dave.. But I bet in 19 it will still be the same

X2 .....its amazing how a couple of simple things can make the sled so much better.

D
Mar 13, 2014
Well all brands have issues so I'm supposed to not buy any? ? All my buddies have 850 and none of them I've had issues with them. My axys has been flawless but tons of guys have had issues and swear it's not worst machine ever. I don't really care about all the whining online. You can always find people complaining and saying this or that is the worst machine ever. All I know is I tried the 850 and really liked it so I'm ordering one. I may order a new Polaris next year, who knows... I know some people drink the koolaid from one manufacturer and won't even look at what others provide. That's not me. I'm willing to look around to enjoy the sport as much as I can

I agree. My cousin has a 17 Axys and I like it, I ride a 850 175, brother has a 154 he just converted to a 165. We have had zero issues with both the 850's. My cousin lost a ride with us due to a belt blowing and cracked his bulkhead and does not have any idea when it happened.

Premium Features