• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats the difference RAS2(XM) & RAS3(G4)

K
May 9, 2013
Beside the obvious, XM to G4 chassis. They both look almost identical.

Thinking of snow checking a 2018 summit x but I really didn't like the XM. Im on a Viper right now and love the chassis just not the weight. Id go new Cat but want to try something different.

Seeing as the looks and geometry of the new front end is pretty much the same. How much different is the ride?

Thanks

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
They might look similar but they are very different from one another in the way they ride on the snow. The 850 is a much better handling sled in many ways. Feels lighter, side hills easier, stays on top of the snow easier, and it feels more powerful all around. I made the mistake of riding my friends 850 for a while, it made my xm feel old

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Rode both the XM and G4 back to back. G4 is way easier to turn and move around, no contest. Totally overrode it the first time. Got back on the XM and immediately missed the G4. Hence, I spring ordered one.

For me, it was kinda like going from the XP to the XM, but a much more dramatic change.

K
May 9, 2013
Is the stabilizer bar really that important. I find it odd that there one on a mountain sled. The Viper doesn't have one and I never noticed that it even needed one. But I also really like the Floats. Havant had a sled with coil shocks in quite some time.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Is the stabilizer bar really that important. I find it odd that there one on a mountain sled. The Viper doesn't have one and I never noticed that it even needed one. But I also really like the Floats. Havant had a sled with coil shocks in quite some time.

I have the quick release. I ran off trail w the bar released. My 3 friends with the new G4s have left the bars attached.

Personal preference.

Premium Features