• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Belt Issues???

FearMyWrX

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2015
Auburn, WA
I think this may help the issue, but certainly doesn't solve the problem. As sideways mentioned, people are still blowing belts.

Hopefully you don't have any starting issues as others have reported by using the blow hole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I installed one as well in hopes of fixing the belt issue. While I haven't been able to give it a full test since our snow decided to turn to concrete, it does move a ton of air as you can see in the pic and my clutches do feel cooler. Before they would sizzle when I would stop for a break, now they don't. Still hot though.
025f77fd5d0ba165e80ee6745279186c.jpg

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I installed one as well in hopes of fixing the belt issue. While I haven't been able to give it a full test since our snow decided to turn to concrete, it does move a ton of air as you can see in the pic and my clutches do feel cooler. Before they would sizzle when I would stop for a break, now they don't. Still hot though.
025f77fd5d0ba165e80ee6745279186c.jpg

Band-aide for the real problem. The clutches should never get that hot in the first place.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Band-aide for the real problem. The clutches should never get that hot in the first place.

Agreed, but I believe cooling them isn't a bad thing. I just bought the zrp weights to see if that cuts down on temps as well. Next will be a floating secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I think this may help the issue, but certainly doesn't solve the problem. As sideways mentioned, people are still blowing belts.

Hopefully you don't have any starting issues as others have reported by using the blow hole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What starting issue? Was going to invest in one of these for my 18 with electric start but not if there is an issue with it working with ES. Thanks.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
What starting issue? Was going to invest in one of these for my 18 with electric start but not if there is an issue with it working with ES. Thanks.

The starting issue is random. The blowholes magnetic field messes with the dess key. A simple switch wired into the blowhole will fix it and it will be just fine.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
That is an interesting add on. I'm curious as to what this modification entails. Is that a battery operated fan or just a venting system?

Edit: ** Just looked up the specs on the MFG website. 140 cubic feet per minute is a decent flow rate. Do they have you install a vent in front of the clutches so that you are pulling cool air over the clutches?

Last edited:

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
We tested those and its not doing anything to help with heat the issues. We tested 2 sleds with same heat issues. One with blowhole and one without. Still same temperatures. Heat gun and thermal used before and after.

The placement is kinda wrong. It sits over and in front of the secondary clutch. The original clutch cover design is to vent air the opposite direction.

Test show no differences in heat.

Premium Features