• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cost of 850 shortblock

B
Feb 18, 2009
i believe there is no bottom end oiling to the bearings in these motors. "permanent" grease is used instead. always been a skeptic of it.

If this is what you think you have no clue about this engine. This is one of key changes in this engine and has been public info for a year...

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
S

stmike

Dec 22, 2008
northern Ontario
The dealer is installing a short block in my sons summit G4 as i type.PTO bearing not getting oil,as per dealer.:face-icon-small-dis

I was at the dealer to pick up the sled yesterday.The info given to my son was wrong,it was the pto piston,i seen it with my own two eyes.The piston is badly scored ,and they have no reason why.The last part makes me feel warm and fussy.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
I was at the dealer to pick up the sled yesterday.The info given to my son was wrong,it was the pto piston,i seen it with my own two eyes.The piston is badly scored ,and they have no reason why.The last part makes me feel warm and fussy.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

i just hope they get it figured out for 2018

Now we can shoot this down before it gets blown up further than it needs to be. Wasn't a bearing oiling problem for his son. Nothing needs to be figured out for 2018. Also you didn't even know how the bearing was being lubricated so nobody should take anything you say serious.

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Got the sled back,and i took it for a ride,WOW.The 850 is nuts,just jumps at the touch of the throttle .I need one of them LOL.

Wow your lucky. My sled has been sitting at the dealer for a month already with no end in sight. Just missed ridding my 850 for the most epic 130in storm cycle we have had in years. Ski Doo does not have parts to back up the warranty and fix my sled. Very disappointing. Guess the 4 year warranty means that it may take 4 years to fix your sled.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Wow

Wow your lucky. My sled has been sitting at the dealer for a month already with no end in sight. Just missed ridding my 850 for the most epic 130in storm cycle we have had in years. Ski Doo does not have parts to back up the warranty and fix my sled. Very disappointing. Guess the 4 year warranty means that it may take 4 years to fix your sled.

Sorry to hear this.
Kinda surprising it's taking this long to fix it.
Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon and you can get back on the snow.

Premium Features