• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does this sound like a TSS problem

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Went riding today (2015 HCR with BD TURBO) and we left from a low elevation area today (4500) and went up high. When we were heading across the hay fields on the way up once a few times when I would let off the throttle sled ( about mid throttle) and get back into it sled would bog really bad like it had no fuel. One time I let off and it fell right on its face rpm dropped to about 800 and then came back up after a second. Sled ran fine other than these few occurrences. Pulled some longer pulls and it ran like always so im curious if I have a TSS issue going on. Sled always started ran good it never did this at all up at higher elevation. The only thing I have changed at all since last ride was I installed some MDS weights. When I got home i pulled it apart and found that I have two weights that I probably tightened too much and were a little hard to move due to the nut being tighter than it should have been binding the oring. So another theory I have is that the weight not swing as freely as they should combined with the shorter spring that I got causes it to bind for a second as it is spinning down and once it hits idle it fully opens the clutch. I had a set of mds weights on my 2012 that I had a billet spider in and they would get hung up at full shift sometimes and kill the motor. Any thought would be helpful I'm leaving for Island Park in a week and need my sled to run. I have pulled plugs they look good I looked in through the y pipe and the power valve and the pistons look good no signs of detonation
Thanks again

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I'll check it over good yes I've only been able to reproduce it when moving

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
My first set screw weight clutch was on an M7, I did not know how to set or how much to tighten the nuts, Well I tighten them so they would not freely move for at least a year. From my recollection the back shift was really slow compared to my old 02 800 mc which was a result of the weights being too tight. I really doubt your issue is from a couple weights being too tight, I could be wrong but it sounds like an ignition or fuel issue.

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Yes I agree that the weights not moving freely doesn't sound like it could be the problem. However changing weights was the very last thing I did to it and so I'm just trying to work backwards from the last thing I had done to it. Also the primary spring I am using is very short and has a soft initial rate so in my mind coming down off of a mid rpm to idle if the weights were binding it enough that the spring can't overcome the combined force of the weight and the centrifugal force until it drops down to a low rpm and finally release. That's my theory at least. I've seen bad primary's cause a lot of weird problems. I had one in a 2012 that would make it over rev really bad and the sled was super slow. I had 80 grams in it and it still wouldn't calm down. I swapped clutches problem solved so idk just a thought

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
TSS is easy enough to unplug, pull the throttle block apart, its right there.

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Update after messing around some more this morning and verifying that the clutch is in good shape I think I have a lean bog that come from goingfrom wide open to zero back to wide open need to mess around some more will update later

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Welp unplugged tss no change
Went back to Boondickers original clutching no change. Started playing with some numbers in the bd box and got it to cease bogging and dieing when going from wide open to zero and back to wide open will call bd tomorrow to discuss thanks to all who chimed in a gave input.

Premium Features