• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wiring RSI hand warmers (No plug and play)

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Hey guys, who can tell me what wires to match up on the proclimb sleds to wire RSI warmers? ebay store send the wrong ones and Ive got everything torn apart now and just want to splice them.

AC wires are:
Solid Green
Green White
Green Blue

RSI colors are
Blue
Red
White

Sled is torn apart right now, but I would like to get it back together for the weekend so Prompt help would be sweet!

T

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
Call linderman, he just did a set on mine with the finger throttle and Cfr bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
I have RSI warmers and CFR bars ready to assemble. I'm planning to spray foam my bars. Should I get the cork insulators too?

Sent from my Palm Pilot

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Bump. Got them wired but they don't seam super hot.

I agree, rode mine today and no better then the oem ones

That's strange! I've always had great luck with the RSI heaters. Usually flip 'em on high to warm 'em up quick, then drop to low. The high, will pretty much cook your hands, and even the low is sometimes a bit much!

Hope they're not going downhill! :face-icon-small-con

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I have RSI warmers and CFR bars ready to assemble. I'm planning to spray foam my bars. Should I get the cork insulators too?

Sent from my Palm Pilot

Go with cork on handlebars and drop the foam. Did foam in mine and that didn't help at all. Just use cork and 2017 grips or some thinner grips. And you will be good to go :)

M

meierjn

Nov 11, 2008
That's strange! I've always had great luck with the RSI heaters. Usually flip 'em on high to warm 'em up quick, then drop to low. The high, will pretty much cook your hands, and even the low is sometimes a bit much!

Hope they're not going downhill! :face-icon-small-con

Ditto! They got so warm on high that if left on too long the grips would get soft and eventually start to spin and then tear. Warm up on high then switch to low.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
From a previous post in the polaris section.... not Cat, I know...but may be helpful.

mountainhorse:

Here's a dwg I came up with a few years back.. May be helpful here.

attachment.php

M

meierjn

Nov 11, 2008
So how are they wired?

I don't remember. They were on a 1999 Summit 600 and a 1998 SummitX 670. I had wiring instructions that either came with the warmers or were available online. I don't have the 670X anymore but I do have the 600. They still "cook" compared to the stock ones on my Cat.

Premium Features