• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NS1 Gauge System with GPS Mapping

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
After a couple seasons of development and testing the NS1 is finally available! It has been available since early November, but limited availability has kept me from annoucing it on Snowest until now.

The NS1 Gauge System is a complete replacement for the stock gauge on both Arctic Cat and Polaris sleds. It has a detachable 7 inch Android based display that you can take inside and plan routes, download maps, or get updates from your couch. You can choose from a wide variety of gauge faces including horizontal bar and needle graphs, vertical needle and bar graphs, circular needles faces, and text faces. Each of these gauge faces comes in a variety of sizes. The gauge system even has inputs to show AFR and Boost.

It has advanced GPS mapping capabilities that allow you can display street maps, aerial imagery(US only), and overlay elevation contour lines (US only). These features set this gauge system apart from any existing gauge system, including the Polaris IDD, and make it a true replacement for the standalone GPS unit that many mountain riders rely on.

Trail maps for Minnesota, Michigan, New York, and Wyoming are pre-loaded on the gauge. Wisconsin, Maine, New Hampshire, and North Dakota trail maps are available if you purchase Redpinemapping.com's GPS Sled Maps USA. In addition, limited Garmin map support is available, with more advanced support scheduled for late this season.

The NS1 Gauge System will also have the ability to Data Log and graph the collected data right on the NS1 Display. Data will be automatically recorded, and well over 50 hours of data can be stored. This feature will be available within the next couple weeks.

You can find more information on the NS1 Gauge System's features, along with how to pre-order, here:
NS1 Gauge System - Next Stage Gauges

The documentation for the NS1 Gauge System, including the Installation Manuals and User Manual, can be found here:
Documentation - Next Stage Gauges

If you have an Android tablet or phone you can test drive the NS1 Dashboard App, which is the App that runs on the NS1 Display:
NS1 Dashboard App

ArcticCat1-800.jpg

ArcticCatMounted1-800.jpg

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Sweet!

You're killing it man.

Hey do you have an email list I can get on where you send a reminder in August to get your gauge reflashed? I keep meaning to do it but don't remember until I'm already riding and getting annoyed my my gauge again.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Sweet!

You're killing it man.

Hey do you have an email list I can get on where you send a reminder in August to get your gauge reflashed? I keep meaning to do it but don't remember until I'm already riding and getting annoyed my my gauge again.
Maybe , mail it on monday and get it back friday?

GS6

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Maybe , mail it on monday and get it back friday?

GS6

I can usually ride when it snows, I'm not on a rigid weekend only play schedule. So guaranteed that would make it dump while it's gone. Far too risky.

Gotta see if weather underground can send me a notice when we get two weeks of high pressure.:face-icon-small-ton

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I can usually ride when it snows, I'm not on a rigid weekend only play schedule. So guaranteed that would make it dump while it's gone. Far too risky.

Gotta see if weather underground can send me a notice when we get two weeks of high pressure.:face-icon-small-ton

You can actually ride the sled without the gauge. The ECU will surge the throttle if you start to over heat. It's not pleasant, but I've done so a couple times.

I'll setup a reminder to send you a PM in April, no promises that it won't be lost in the 3 months between now and then though :face-icon-small-ton

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
NS1 Gauge System Data Logging Now Available

Recently I published an update to the NS1 Gauge System that adds data logging functionality. The data logging happens automatically in the background, and a new log is created whenever any of the following happen:
-The NS1 Dashboard App is started
-The sled has stopped for 15 minutes
-The "Start New Data Log" button has been touched

The NS1 User Manual has been updated so that it explains how to use the Data Logging functionality. You can find the updated NS1 User Manual here:
NS1 User Manual

For those who like to play around, the Data Logging Functionality can be found by touching the settings button in the upper right corner of the screen, and selecting "Data Logging". The graph showing the data can be panned and zoomed by swiping, pinching, and stretching gestures, just like a picture on a smartphone.

Here's an example of what the data logging functionality looks like:
DataLogging_zps3kosucxb.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features