• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Racin Station ECU flash, no controller pipe setup is here.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Won't happen for the 'ol M1K. I love that sled, but there is not a whole lot of demand for that trusty steed. We have a really good PCV map for the M1000 with SLP or Speedwerx pipes.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
For the 2017 Mountain Cat, we now have the new Satin Black color option available on the pipe set.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I know a lot of guys are looking for this option, but it simply won't be an option this season. Like I said, when we talked about it early on I knew there would be people upset. It's just how it is going to be on this piece for the time being.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Pipe flash

I wish you would have done this with the jaws pipe. It's what I have.
Why'd you pick this pipe over others?
Sell me on the SLP pipe set?

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
As a Poo rider I don't have a dog in the fight, so doesn't really matter to me..
But as a business owner, I can't for the life of me advertising that you're going to penalize a segment of your customer base because "you didn't buy EVERYTHING from ME"… I just fail to see the business logic there?
Sell your tune to someone for $2-300.00 The code is written, it's just a flash for you.

If I bought an SLP pipe set for my Poo from my dealer, then someone came out with the "magic" tune, BUT I couldn't buy it because I supported my local dealer and not the tune writer?? Guess what, I'd NEVER buy from that outfit..

By selling the tune / flash, you'd be gaining customers, not losing them, IMO. But, it's your business, I won't presume to tell you what to do, that's for you and your board partners (assuming there are any) to fuss over. Just that tactic isn't the route I'd choose. I'd choose to foster MORe customers, not less lol. Good luck in any event, hopefully you make out well !

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
Any dyno sheets from a respectful dyno shop to back any of this up?

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Im curious as to the difference in the 17 pipe?

Me too, looked it up on Country Cats web site and it is the same part # as the 16.

Also agree with Gforce, why would you not just sell the flash as a stand alone product? Seems you would maximize your return for your time investment. From a business stand point this seems baffling...

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
As a Poo rider I don't have a dog in the fight, so doesn't really matter to me..
But as a business owner, I can't for the life of me advertising that you're going to penalize a segment of your customer base because "you didn't buy EVERYTHING from ME"… I just fail to see the business logic there?
Sell your tune to someone for $2-300.00 The code is written, it's just a flash for you.

If I bought an SLP pipe set for my Poo from my dealer, then someone came out with the "magic" tune, BUT I couldn't buy it because I supported my local dealer and not the tune writer?? Guess what, I'd NEVER buy from that outfit..

By selling the tune / flash, you'd be gaining customers, not losing them, IMO. But, it's your business, I won't presume to tell you what to do, that's for you and your board partners (assuming there are any) to fuss over. Just that tactic isn't the route I'd choose. I'd choose to foster MORe customers, not less lol. Good luck in any event, hopefully you make out well !

Point taken. I agree with you, but this particular part or service is a bit different and it is hard to explain.

I am not that guy.....if I was I would not take the 20 to 50 phone calls per day helping people out with tuning on parts they did not buy here. We still do that. This setup will only be sold this way and I know it will upset people. It already has. Everybody has the freedom of choice and I will never dispute or try to change that.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If it was sold separate it would be pretty easy for someone to buy brand X pipe, claim they have an SLP pipe, and pair it with this reflash. Then start bashing from sun up to sun down about how Racin Station blew up their sled or it doesn't run right. The general public is a nightmare to deal with anymore and personal accountability is non-existent for a lot of people. Just look at how many people ask "can I run X y-pipe, with Y expansion chamber, and Z silencer?"

The package deal is getting to be the only way to guarantee happy customers and keep liability to a minimum. My $0.02

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
If it was sold separate it would be pretty easy for someone to buy brand X pipe, claim they have an SLP pipe, and pair it with this reflash. Then start bashing from sun up to sun down about how Racin Station blew up their sled or it doesn't run right. The general public is a nightmare to deal with anymore and personal accountability is non-existent for a lot of people. Just look at how many people ask "can I run X y-pipe, with Y expansion chamber, and Z silencer?"

The package deal is getting to be the only way to guarantee happy customers and keep liability to a minimum. My $0.02

Sure, but could also just ask for a proof of purchase on the SLP pipe, from whomever it may be. Maybe they have a serial # on them? Kinda don't think so, but could be wrong about that.. Be one way to ID them. Hey free country, if people want to mix and match components, let em. I've done it in the past, had varying levels of success.

But I've done it knowing it's on my own dime.. :face-icon-small-ton

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I think it is always a good thing to see a local business like racin station innovate and oush to develop that next thing. There are 100 reasons why one may chose to keep something like this in house. Reputation is one. And this shouldnt be looked down upon, because this is a long term thinking strategy. Yeah, he might be able to BS and say it works for various combos...when it doesnt. And he makes the quick bucks and smiles to the bank. But he wants it right for the business and customer. And then you have something called control of the variables to make sure each person gets what is promised. Only one way to control the variables here...sell the package as a unit. Personally, I think anyone giving this guy chit for doing the right thing is missing a few lug nuts. I mean, how many companies can you guys rhink of that did chit development and sold that junk foe a bunch of money only to rip a bunch of people off? And they are gone. Here is a business doing great development, producing great products showing major staying power. I like it. My experience wirh them? I had a clutch issue on my M8 that i bought somewhere else...they spent 15 minutes on the phone helping me and turned away business because I was wrong about that clutch needing a rebuild...because it was more important for them to do the right thing than make a quick buck off of me.

Premium Features