• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 axys pro bog

W

wisboy25

Feb 10, 2015
Wisconsin
Was the intake vents free of snow and was it hammering from dead stop or slowly accelerating need more info

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
My buddies was doin the same thing. 5700-5900 i think he said. He was also havin low rpm idle and starting issues. Probably a tps issue, along with during break-in period, but uncertain at this point.

C
Dec 24, 2014
Yes, a LOT more info would help. Time on the sled? still in break in? elevation, temp, deep snow? etc.

Have you checked the spark plugs? Some of us had fouling issues during the initial break in period.

C
Dec 24, 2014
I think most of the tps issues are just idle speed issues. I rode my sled most of last season with a mal adjusted tps. It ripped, just wouldn't idle well.

S
Jan 17, 2010
if u try to hold it around those rpms last ride it would give nothing threw that rpm if u pumped gas couple times it would grab it and go put more weight in clutch now just a blubber at 5-6000 rpm
snow depth didn't change from trail to 3ft 13 hrs on sled running 64 gram at 8-12000' wolf creek co thank slot for help dealer stumped also I ride 155 buddy doing same thing 163

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Have put the first 2 hrs on 3 800 axys and all of them have a slight studder/blubber/sounds like its got a miss at around 5800 RPMS. Thinking it might be in between exhaust vavle openings???

Crazyj700

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2012
Mine does the same thing, doesn't do it like clock work. Only once in while, it cuts hard enough to almost put you through the bars if it happens just right. Mine has done both on a groomed trail and in windshield deep powder boondocking. Feels more like a fuel thing to me, I think they need to come up with an updated flash for the ecu.
Btw sled has 200 miles on it 100% stock

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Mine had the same bog 3 times today randomly at 11k feet. Intakes where clear and did one on a left had carve so exhaust was completely free. Throttle cable was set to spec. It threw me into the bars. First ride it did this. 200mi on sled. 6000 rpm. Seems like exhaust valve issue. It idles to spec.

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I'm starting to have some issues somewhat related. The powder on the intake vents is a real problem depending on temp and snow conditions.
I'm also having issues when the sled just doesnt sound right, sounds like an exhaust valve issue. But most importantly I cant hold RPM anymore. The first 5-10 hours on the sled I kept adding weight on every ride, now the last 10 hours or so I keep taking weight out on each ride with out much gain. Today I was only pulling 78-7900 most of the time, sometimes 8100, other times 7500.

Tps set, belt adjusted, plugs look good, no det or codes. 28 hours / 375 miles, stock clutch springs and helix.

Sled does have SLP pipe/can but thats been on since the 3rd ride and has worked perfect all along. Eric

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
I'm starting to have some issues somewhat related. The powder on the intake vents is a real problem depending on temp and snow conditions.

I'm also having issues when the sled just doesnt sound right, sounds like an exhaust valve issue. But most importantly I cant hold RPM anymore. The first 5-10 hours on the sled I kept adding weight on every ride, now the last 10 hours or so I keep taking weight out on each ride with out much gain. Today I was only pulling 78-7900 most of the time, sometimes 8100, other times 7500.

Tps set, belt adjusted, plugs look good, no det or codes. 28 hours / 375 miles, stock clutch springs and helix.

Sled does have SLP pipe/can but thats been on since the 3rd ride and has worked perfect all along. Eric

This makes my eye brows raise a little. Just getting the sled close to dialed clutch wise and coming up on similar hours/miles on sled. Also running SLP pipe/can.

J
Feb 28, 2011
I had the same issue mine it started to cut out
On the second ride between 6000 and 6200 rpm. Took the machine into dealer and they said I had lost the electric motor that runs the exhaust valves. Took it back out ran good for the first part of the day and then it began to do the same thing again. The only modification I have done to the machine was put a b&e titanium can on the sled.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
sled bogging out between 5000 and 6000 rpm anyone one else had this happen.
had tps adjusted hps can stock other than that
thanks

Yup, I personally know of 2 more that stumble and burble until 6k then they rip...
Seems like it may be a somewhat common issue.

Laramie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 6, 2010
I am having a similar issue. 163 with 275 miles and 23 hrs I ran the stock pipe and can for 100 miles then installed an slp pipe and can along with their recommended weights and springs for 10-12,000. I have had the issue with both stock and aftermarket parts.
I have been experiencing a "burble" from 4600 to 5200 rpm this happens on the trail and in the powder but gives me more issues when the pipe is blocked in the deep powder. It runs clean just off idle to 4000 and it runs clean above 5200 which is where it feels the exhaust valves begin to open, it takes a second or two to clean out the excess fuel buildup but once it does it runs great at high RPMs. I don't know if this may be related but I am experiencing a low idle issue. The sled won't idle for long during initial cold starts and even less time when it is hot. I sometimes need to hold the throttle partially open to get it to start. I am wondering if the idle adjustment screw is set incorrectly? The TPS is set within spec. I live at 7200 and idle is between 1500-1600 but at 10000 idle is 1300-1400 which is not enough to keep the gauge on. My concern is that if the ECU thinks the idle rpm is set correctly but if it is set too low then it is dumping more fuel into the system than is needed. since the adjustment is mechanical would the ECU make an adjustment for too much fuel at lower RPMs? This condition feels like there is too much fuel in the system and is only corrected when the exhaust valves are opened allowing the excess fuel to be flushed out. i have noticed that when I get stuck my sled actually leaves black soot on the snow from the excess fuel as I am going from idle to exhaust valve fully open in a short distance.
I was hoping that this issue would go away once the breakin period was done but it still persists. I don't know if it is just me paying more attention to the issue or if it is actually getting worse as time goes on but it is not getting any better.
Thankfully my dealer said he is having the same issue on his demo sled with the stock can and pipe so they are working to resolve the issue.
For those having this issue do you also have a low idle problem?

C
Dec 24, 2014
64 gr weights seems like way too much for Wolf Creek. I am just across the range from there and run 60's in my stock sled. Pulls 8300 all day like it should.

Good Luck

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
The sled won't idle for long during initial cold starts and even less time when it is hot. I sometimes need to hold the throttle partially open to get it to start.

These were the problems I was having, along with multiple tries to get it to go into reverse. Doing the TPS adjustment fixed all 3 problems, but the dealer cant just hook up the computer and check the TPS idle setting, they have to go through all the work to check/adjust the base setting, this is the one that makes the biggest change in performance. Eric

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
my sled has been running great until this weekend. right around 250 miles and 23 hours. ride got shut down due to check engine light and no power above 5000 rpm. code shows exhaust valve actuator short to battery. going to dealer in the morning so we will see what they find.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
These were the problems I was having, along with multiple tries to get it to go into reverse. Doing the TPS adjustment fixed all 3 problems, but the dealer cant just hook up the computer and check the TPS idle setting, they have to go through all the work to check/adjust the base setting, this is the one that makes the biggest change in performance. Eric

PMS fix it for you or did you do it.....mine seems to be doing the samething

Premium Features