• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pre-season DS Titanium Exhaust Can

Titanium 375

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ephraim, Utah
www.diamond-smfg.com
Diamond S is pleased to announce our new Titanium exhaust can
The lightest best-performing exhaust can on the market. We have spent countless hours of testing and tuning to get the Ti can To perform to our expectations the Ti can weigh in at 2 to 2.5 lbs depending on the snowmobile . We are now taking pre-season orders at a half down deposit ensures that you will get your can early we will be shipping right around 1 November we are trying to find out a rough estimate on a production run of cans as titanium is not the simplest thing in the world work with
Preseason through September 30 $470 with half down deposit
Retail $495
We currently have cans for the
Polaris pro-RMK
Ski Doo XM
Arctic cat Pro climb in the works

Benefits of a Titanium Exhaust

No Packing with low noise level titanium being light weight and strong this gives us the ability to build chambers to keep a low noise level thus eliminating the need for packing that just burnt out

Less weigh = Faster Like a diet for athletes, the weight savings of our titanium exhaust can substantially increases a vehicle’s power to weight ratio and results in very real performance gains.

Diamond S design = Power Our titanium exhaust systems are specially designed to provide the most efficient balance of exhaust flow increase thus yielding real performance gains across the power-curve

High Strength to Weight, Titanium Advantages The foremost is its high strength to weight ratio, allowing us to manufacture extremely strong and rigid exhaust systems while delivering a substantial weight savings over the stock exhaust unit. Because titanium is stronger yet lighter than steel we are able to create an exhaust can that holds up to abuse better than its steel counterparts while weighing only a fraction of typical OEM exhaust.

Aerospace grade Titanium Applied in aerospace applications, titanium is an extremely potent metal. It maintains its strength and characteristics easily in temperatures above 950 degrees. Titanium is also very resistant to corrosion, unlike steel which may decay or develop rust. At Diamond S we choose the very best aerospace grade titanium– rust, dulling and corrosion is a thing of the past.

030.JPG DSCN3391.jpg

Last edited:

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
Do you have any dyno sheets to back up the power gains and where they done by a independent firm like Dyno Tech ?

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
What was the weight of the stock can again?

S

snomac

Nov 26, 2007
Layton, Utah
This exhaust can sounds pretty sweet, but I'm not familiar with the company nor do I know anyone who has tried a titanium can.
Are there other titanium cans out there? I would need to know more about this before dropping $470 on a can.

Anyone have any more info on this subject?

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm still confused from the dyno charts. Why would the power drop off after 7900 RPM's?

S

snomac

Nov 26, 2007
Layton, Utah
I'm definitely interested in hearing more about this can. I like the weight savings for sure. The sound seems to be good (not too loud). To be honest I don't really follow all the dyno sheet talk too well. Sounds like there is a bit of confusion with that info. I want to hear more on this for sure. Hoping this can is as good as it sounds.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I don't really follow all the dyno sheet talk too well. Sounds like there is a bit of confusion with that info

I agree except that most cans don't produce any HP. I'd feel better about this can if he just said it didn't do anything. Don't get me wrong, I would love more HP but it sounds like a tuning mess to put this can on my current setup. Perhaps Titanium 375 can clarify.

Titanium 375

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ephraim, Utah
www.diamond-smfg.com
COP-OUT
yes they can fits with the QD belt drive

xcmark
yes we have Dyno sheets they seem to confuse people so here is the skinny on the dyno runs. the seconds run with the stock can we made 147.2 hp at 8050 RPM that however is not the dyno sheet he gave me the sheet that I posted that confuses everybody shows 146.0 hp at 7750 RPM the reason it shows that is because he chopped the throttle early it was also the last.the titanium can makes more horsepower to 6500 RPM then the horsepower is dead even tell 7200 RPM then they Ti can makes horsepower until it peaks at 8000 RPM. we spent countless hours with many different designs until we got a can that actually performed better on the snow than any of many different cans including the stock can that we compared them to in real life situation not just a Dyno # that doesn't really mean anything in real life

Norway
the stock can weigh in at 11.2 pounds

sierraclimber
sorry I didn't mention how long the pre-season would be running we are running a preseason special until the end of September

if you have questions that I have not answered please do not hesitate to ask or e-mail me at diamonds@mail.manti.com you can even call me 435 283 4535
Thanks Scott

Last edited:

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
So, in short, for $470 you drop almost 9lbs off the sled AND, at a minimum, lose no power and possibly gain a little.

So fellas, especially you light-weight freaks. What's your cost per pound when you modify for weight loss? How does it compare to $54.02 for a 10 minute, straight up replacement job?

429dhm

Sep 29, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I have phoned and left a message at Diamond S as well as emails as well with no response from them. Are they out of business?

E
Apr 30, 2011
I was at his shop o Saturday to pick up a hood. He said he was going to Haydays. Probally why there is no answer. As far as the can I heard it run on a cat it is no louder than stock. And its way light.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I just picked up my titanium can. It looks good and Scott ran it on his sled to let me see how it sounded, which I thought sounded really good. For an F.Y.I., according to my gram scale it weighs 1245 grams or 2.74 Lbs.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
For what it's worth, the can appears to fit pretty much perfectly on my 2014.

Premium Features