• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summer/Fall M series Build!

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
***New Pictures at the bottom***

alright guys, I figured I would share my current build so far.

I started out with a brand new 2010 153 tunnel and 153 skid. Then we bought an 05 M7 162 for parts. Thats where the sled went under the knife.. Still in progress but here is what we are working with.

As of right now we have a brand new 2010 chassis built piece by piece-
Mods Include:
-BMP 800 BB,
-bmp clutch kit,
-bmp pipe mod,
-black diamond intake,
-black diamond lite case,
-153 fox zero pro skid with titanium springs,
-titanium handlebars,
-boysen rage cage reeds,
-boss fuel controller,
-digitron egts,
-br tech thrasher hood with our custom screens,
-custom seat, will be adding more foam to it.
-sno pro horizontal steering,
-fox floats,
-C&A MTX skis. More to come!

We will be doing some custom powder coating, soon also.

Also dont mind the mismatched green panel, that was just borrowed from the XF to see what it would look like with plastics..
laff.gif

Any questions/feedback let me know!

Last edited:
A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
use it for parts. basically the only thing we used were the a arms, front shocks, electrical, headlights, and motor. And we got it for next to nothing..

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
A few more pictures for anyone interested!

And my solution for an 05 700 motor in a 2009 bulkhead. The mount is a little rusty but for 25 bucks you cant go wrong!

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
very nice. im not the only one that wants to incorporate the SNOPRO racing style steering to a m chassis.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
very nice. im not the only one that wants to incorporate the SNOPRO racing style steering to a m chassis.

Thank you sir! It was definitely interesting figuring out how to get all the steering to work, but its great. The set up gets you more forward on the sled, a ton more comfortable, and really easy to steer now. Just waiting on the snow, should be a great winter! If you want any tips on how to do the snopro steering let me know, Id be glad to help!

B

Brett Slagle

Jan 11, 2008
Nice build. Could you take more pictures of the steering set-up? I'd love to get details on it too. Parts required? Any custom built parts required? Rough total project cost? Thanks!

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Nice build. Could you take more pictures of the steering set-up? I'd love to get details on it too. Parts required? Any custom built parts required? Rough total project cost? Thanks!

Thank you! Yes I can get more pictures of the set up. Basically we got all the parts off an 06 sno pro steering. The custom parts we built are the down tubes going to the front of the bulk head, and the bracket that goes from the gas tank bolts to the post bracket. Ill get all the part numbers we used and post them. Most of the parts to complete the steering I had laying around from previous sleds so I just machined parts to work for what we needed. All the misc spacers and stuff I turned on a lathe instead of buying them. Id say we have around $6000 into the project, including the donor sled we bought.. But I also have some ties to the arctic cat race dept. So we got some parts for quite a bit cheaper.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Heres a list of parts we used from the 06 snopro

1705-174 Post, Steering
0607-844 Support, Steering - Machined
0605-877 Bracket, Mounting - Steering

1705-143 Link, Steering - Bottom | (inc. one No. 5 and two No. 6)
1705-142
Link, Steering - Top | (inc. one No. 5 and two No. 6)

All the parts you need are in the steering post assy. and tie rod assy part diagrams. But like I said, I had quite a few parts lying around that I machinied to work for what we were doing, you guys could probably find a better way to do things. The trickiest part is figuring out how to mount the steering bracket (pt # 0605-877 ) to the steering hoop on an m series. Ill get more pictures with better detail.

Premium Features